Flagrant foul Syracuse

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Flagrant foul Syracuse

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

Watching Duke and Cuse, did anyone see the flagrant foul Luckie called against Duke for Syracuse? Cusr fast break, Dawkins reaches in during the break and Luckie calls a flagrant intentional. The play against TJ was clearly more intentional or flagrant as they call it today. What a complete joke!

redcanine
    Participant

What in the world was Boeheim thinking? Running on the court hollering “BS” in the ref’s face multiple times.

Lose one ACC game and it all comes unhinged. Right on!

Wulfpack
    Participant

He’s just trying to establish himself as the king. But nobody gets that call at Cameron. Nobody. Just the way it is. And it was a close call, making him look like a complete idiot. UVA is going to win the conference.

BJD95
    Keymaster

He’s new. He’ll learn to lube up his asshole before entering Cameron, like everyone else does.

redcanine
    Participant

Hall & Oates time.

Boeh singing “I can’t go for that (no can do)”.

Coach K singing “Sarah Smile”.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… According to ESPiN stat guys…

Tonite was the first time Boeheim has ever been tossed from a regular season game….

For the record:
    Fouls —
    ‘Cuse — 20
    Dook — 15

Free Throw Attempts —
    ‘Cuse — 14
    Dook — 25

Zebras — notsoLuckie and Company….

Orange is NOT the new Blue…

Mr. Dog…. get on the phone and find out what John Thompson, Jr. thinks about Tony Greene, Roger Ayers && Jamie Luckie!

…. and it might be a good idea to call your old buddies in Western New York and make sure no one up there needs ’emergency assistance’.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

And just so there’s no confusion… Tony Greene whistled the charge and the two technicals….
    Wouldn’t want Ric and others to blame nosoLuckie for anything he doesn’t truly deserve.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Now it’s official: welcome to The ACC (go blues!) Boeheim and Syracuse.

I thought it was a block, and a pretty clear one. Looked like Greene had his mind made up before the play happened. Hood had barely planted his feet and was in motion – jumping slightly – towards Fair while Fair was airborne. Keep in mind that earlier in the half a Cuse player was basically perfectly still on a blocking call that allowed Parker a three-point play (Greene did not make this particular call though, it was Ayers). Still, consistency – please.

As for the reaction, I can’t say I blame Boeheim one bit. If it’s a tournament game and you still have a chance to win and advance then you should try to keep a cool head. Regular season game? Go ahead and make an a$s of yourself and call bullsh*t for what it is – bullsh*t. I’d much rather go out like that than the usual “you’ll bend over and you’ll like it” crap the cabal dishes your way. I will never be a fan of the “you got robbed – but it was your reaction to getting robbed that is the real problem!” line of reasoning. Bullsh*t is bullsh*t is bullsh*t. Yeah ok – I got cheated, but I’m the one who has the issue. Right …

Mike
    Participant

I was screaming at the flagrant – we got robbed by lack of, then Cuse got benefit of it. Then they had it taken away at the end and frankly, I was with Boeheim. Sometimes I wish Gott would do the same thing when it is deserved.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^Sorry Mike – I agreed with you on the ‘flagrant 1’ call Luckie made. Bad call.

I went straight for the Boeheim apocalypse haha.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Boeheim’s hyperbolic comment about that call? That it was simply the worst call of the year.

“I just thought that was the worst call of the year, that’s all,” said Boeheim, whose first trip to Cameron Indoor Stadium ended 10.4 seconds early after he was ejected for protesting the call in an ultimate 66-60 defeat. “I just hate to see the game decided on that call.”

Yo Jimmy, whatcha got to say about the call in the State game? You win some, you lose some.

I’d like to see the flagrant call from today’s game just for my own edification.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^I can’t find a replay of that call anywhere, MrPlywood.

Syracuse was getting out on a fastbreak and Thornton (iirc) kinda grabbed at the Cuse player … There was barely any contact yet Luckie immediately signaled for a flagrant foul (there was hardly a jersey grab). Reach-in foul, yes … flagrant? – no way.

MrPlywood
    Participant

The game might be posted somewhere after a while, or maybe just that play. Had Duke lost it would have been up 2 minutes after the game.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

And the old basketsaurus norte says un-apologetically …
    “I just thought that was the worst call of the year, that’s all…”

Guess that depends of where you were sitting.

Wonder if Johnny will fine the basketsaurus for that comment or just let it slide…. ??

Texpack
    Participant

It was a block. Not even close. The Dookie was moving while Fair was airborne. It was a clear, easy call even under the old rules.

MrPlywood
    Participant

I just saw the “flagrant”, and that was for sure a bad call, especially when compared to the foul on TJ. There was very little contact and it was early in the game so aside from making a cursory effort at the ball there was no real intent to impede the guy’s progress. In the State game, I thought there was clear intent to impede without playing the ball (yeah, yeah, Cooney took a swipe out there somewhere, Selling It 101) and it was an end of game, desperate situation for Cuse.

Interestingly, Parker got called for a charge at 13:50, and that play was very similar to the call at the end of the game.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… and maybe give the devil his due…
    He GOTT this one right… albeit a day or so late….
    “Stormin’ Norman” would approve… if he were here to put his two cents in….

Swoffy says….

No punishment for the angry basketsaurus norte….
    and…

Tell Coach( speaking to the ‘Cuse AD by phone)… “It would be a good idea to stay on the bench…”

and

“A little drama is not all bad in the whole scheme of things,” Swofford said with a laugh. “We’ve had a lot of drama throughout the history of this league, particularly in basketball. That is part of what makes it the great basketball league it is. And Syracuse adds tremendously to our league.”

more here if you’re interested…

Gowolves
    Participant

We can’t get a comment when there is really no “judgement in the call” except whether it’s a intentional foul or and one! If Cuse or the other powers that be complain about a TRUE judgement call, a charge/block, he takes time out of his a*s kissiing schedule to say something. It boggles the mind. We don’t want f*cking drama! We want consistency in calls from half to half and the blatent crap called. Is that TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR!!!! Sheesh. Breath, breath. Whew.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Boeheim is a whiny you know what. I was sitting here watching the Cuse/Maryland game and earlier he was complaining about Maryland being off on Saturday. The world does not revolve around you and Cuse, Jimmy B. If you want to go back to the Big East, have at it. And him calling the charge call the worst call of the year is laughable. I had always heard he was a complainer, and this sure proves it further. Just shut up and coach your team.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.