Bracket Thoughts

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Bracket Thoughts

Tagged: 

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    BJD95
    Keymaster

I can see all kinds of shenanigans on the right side of the bracket:

West: Arizona got a brutal draw. I can easily see Okie State and whoever survives from the early troika of Baylor/Creighton/Nebraska being your fascinating regional final. Wild West indeed.

Midwest: HEY LOOK, GUYS! It’s us!!! Perhaps we have another crazy Sweet Sixteen run in us. If so, we could see our old buddy John Calipari there. Scary Wheat had to cringe at that Round of 32 draw. Blue everywhere, as Duke/Michigan is almost certainly the other Sweet Sixteen clash.

South: Florida is everyone’s overall #1, and they have a bed of rose petals laid at their feet (which I guess they earned).

East: There are tons of mudder types in this region, with the notable exception of Iowa State. As the poker analogy goes – when the table’s tight, play loose. When it’s loose, play tight. So yeah, I like the Cyclones here. A LOT.

BJD95
    Keymaster
    PackFamily
    Participant

L’ville will be a tough 4-seed. If they can get past us 😉 I see them as the Final Four team.

Have not seen XAvier or SL play, but they look a little better than us on paper overall. However we have been much better lately

Wulfpack
    Participant

Michigan State is getting TONS of love. As is Louisville, who some think are worthy of the 1 seed and not UVA.

Mike
    Participant

Mich St was tough all year, rated highly. They had some mid season injuries and lost some guys. Izzo is a good coach with experience, and now everyone is healthy. Mich St will be a tough out.

My prediction will be several upsets (as always) and dont expect the top teams to stroll to final 4, except maybe for our almost coach Donovan and the Gators.

StateFans
    Keymaster

EVERYBODY has Michigan State advancing. I wanted to do something different…but, once you get into their projected draw it is hard not to have them advancing.

A lot of love for Wisconsin and Louisville from the analysts.

Seems to be a lot of inconsistency for Kansas.

General like for Iowa State.

BJD95
    Keymaster

More on the bracket – I agree with much of Joe Giglio’s predictions in this morning’s paper. But I think Kentucky beats Scary Wheat, and Wiscy goes out early again.

Also, we play in the 7:20 game Thursday night if we beat Xavier. The Wednesday late game winner has to play at 2:40 Friday afternoon. Again, we got the better end of the draw, in my opinion.

StateFans
    Keymaster

Link to full schedule with times and announcers.

44rules
    Participant

OK, I know a lot of the nicknames here, but what’s a scary wheat?

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

BJD95
    Keymaster

Wichita State. Refers to their nightmare fuel mascot.

In my first bracket (of four) I have Iowa State over Creigh-Creigh. Really impressed by the Cyclones.

Will have one other “straight” bracket along with two thematic ones. First will be “Justified” with UK winning it all, and Eastern KY making a run. Second will be a State bracket, unless we lose Thursday (in which case I will pick who I want to lose winning each game).

redcanine
    Participant

^a Witicha State psycho looking Scarecrow-Shocker

Gowolves
    Participant

His mother was a mudder… His father was a mudder

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Scary Wheat:

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Of course, this unofficial one might count as scary as well:

BJD95
    Keymaster

The live mascot version of Scary Wheat is MUCH more frightening. In fact, I dunno how they get small children to open their eyes at home games as a result.

StateFans
    Keymaster

I am over the Wichita State thing. Ready for them to lose and the power conferences to take their spot back. Same goes of Shaka and VCU and the whole A-10.

StateFans
    Keymaster

Also, Love this from CBS.

When the Round of 64 begins Thursday, the metrics say that if the form of the past half-decade holds, there will be somewhere in the vicinity of 10 occasions where the worse-seeded team (9 or worse) beats the better-seeded team (8 or better).

Upsets

StateFans
    Keymaster

Was NC State the only 12 seed to NOT win?

Wulfpack
    Participant

Was NC State the only 12 seed to NOT win?

Yes. Harvard over Cincy. SF Austin over VCU. ND State over Oklahoma.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.