Final Wake-Up Call FOAR Wolven Sort Game Thread

Home Forums StateFans Football Final Wake-Up Call FOAR Wolven Sort Game Thread

Viewing 16 posts - 176 through 191 (of 191 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

…but open discussion is needed void of filters.

Totally agreed with this as well, fwiw.

Pack78
    Participant

I predicted 31-17 Pack in the other thread, so I will take credit for that…however, the real score was Pack 33, Deacs 7, Zebras 9. The ‘overinvolvement’ of the stripes aided several Deac scoring drives and plugged up a couple of ours. So, yes I am bitchin’ about the refs after a good win-progress!

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Good game and an interesting thread.

May I suggest some fava beans and a nice chianti with that crow? :^)

Adventuroo
    Participant

“Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine…”….or maybe paraphrased….

Of all the Football Games, in all of the ACC, in all of the NCAA, Tracy Lynch and Jim Slayton walk into Carter Finley yesterday (Saturday, 10/1/16 – WFU)….

REFEREE >> Duane Heydt
    UMPIRE >> Mark Shupe
    LINESMAN >> Tracy Lynch
    LINE JUDGE >> Jim Slayton
    BACK JUDGE >> Paul Vargo
    FIELD JUDGE >> Jim Biddle
    SIDE JUDGE >> Jim Corpora

Why these two….because they were on the SUSPENDED, for TWO GAMES, Officials crew that called the infamous Duke v Miami game of October 31 (Halloween), 2015. I will have to let those more technically astute determine if their calls or their positions contributed to the poor officiating. Since we have several questionable “Line Calls” for illegal blocking, I would venture a guess that one of them was the offending (offensive is more like it) Zebras. Per Coach Doeren, we have been blocking in the SAME manner for 3 games and there have been no repetitive calls and no specials “”skills” or drills training was done this week or during the bye.

May mean NOTHING….but does raise suspicions….

freshmanin83
    Participant

They gott the memo and were looking for tendencies.

choppack1
    Participant

Yes. Can confirm the jumbotron broadcasted wardrobe malfunction.

You could see that it was heading that direction and by golly… hopefully, for her sake there is no video or names. It happened so fast that it was difficult to tell if it was flesh colored braw or nada, but an enjoyable moment for this viewer of youthful indiscretion.

This should go down in the wolfpack history books as one of those myth / realities associated with our school.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Maybe Dave’s the kinda guy who performs best with his back against the wall. I say keep the pressure on!!!

ND victory or pack your bags!

Adventuroo
    Participant

ChopPack1,

I did a quick search….you gotta think that SOMEONE had a phone running…. I nor my wife or any of our party of 7 could confirm a siting of a nipple or an undergarment….so was she hanging out or restrained….only the instant replay guy that copied the video will know…

I also predict that, as you say, the story will take on a life of its own. It will be told by 250,000 FANS that were THERE….and at least 50,000 were sitting beside the young lady or were in her section.

In addition, of those 50,000, at least 40,000 will proclaim is was Kate Upton or the best body double of her in existence…..

There will also be 10,000 of them that will write a tell all book and explain that it was a setup (as happened at an UCLA game) in the 70’s where a local stripper and her BF cameraman did a routine and she doffed a trench coat and had on a Bikini and was starting to undo the straps on her top. ABC quickly went to black.

SO, in the tell all books, there will be political implications as to WHOM she was supporting (Fill in the Blank) and WHY it was so important to further their cause by her exposing her ample femininehood to the world.

WONDER if the Fan Dance Cam will NOW be put on a 5 second delay….but that would make the “Beat” and the motions very OUT OF SYNC.

choppack1
    Participant

Haha – yea Adventuroo – I was thinking the same thing, that yesterdays moment will be like Wilt’s 100 point game, where many more people claim to have seen it live than were actually there.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

I predicted 31-17 Pack in the other thread, so I will take credit for that…however, the real score was Pack 33, Deacs 7, Zebras 9. The ‘overinvolvement’ of the stripes aided several Deac scoring drives and plugged up a couple of ours. So, yes I am bitchin’ about the refs after a good win-progress!

I went back and read that thread postgame and noticed that. You also predicted a FG which I assume meant a FG of significance (no chip shot, although chip shots haven’t even been chip shots), so kudos for your prescience.

YogiNC
    Participant

Roo, did you fire off an email about the band? The pie rat band REALLY caught some heat.

Here’s something no one has considered in all of this “posturing”. Those of us with opposing views could demand to be heard on that same stage during a like time frame with a like audience. I mean it’s OUR right too isn’t it? If those in leadership allow one view don’t they have to also have to allow an opposing view equal time and stage? I mean MY right is just as valid as their right.

Smarter than the average bear

pakfanistan
    Participant

Here’s something no one has considered in all of this “posturing”. Those of us with opposing views could demand to be heard on that same stage during a like time frame with a like audience. I mean it’s OUR right too isn’t it? If those in leadership allow one view don’t they have to also have to allow an opposing view equal time and stage? I mean MY right is just as valid as their right.

I’ll let the preacher know on Sunday I get equal time at the pulpit to share my views.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I’ll let the preacher know on Sunday I get equal time at the pulpit to share my views.

Please let us know how that turns out!

Pool starting now.
    0-16 minutes… how many minutes can Paky get???
    Bets $1-$10 on the minutes
    Pays 80% of the Pool…
    PayPal works fine.

I GOTT $10 that says ZERO… preacher ain’t gonna let it happen…. without asking what denomination is in play.

And this ain’t no reflection on what Paky might or might not say. He’s a good man.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Rick
    Keymaster

Roo, did you fire off an email about the band? The pie rat band REALLY caught some heat.

A kid got beat near to death for proclaiming a view counter to the left’s agenda. You know, since they are so open minded and all that.

http://wjla.com/news/nation-world/mom-says-son-was-brutally-beaten-for-pro-police-views-called-it-a-hate-crime

Adventuroo
    Participant

It was requested that this forum be dedicated to the game and not to let it digress. In view of certain posts by certain members, I will only post a brief follow-up.

I did send an email to various members of the Administration, Faculty, WPC and the Athletics Department expressing my concerns about our Marching Band and the two members that failed to live up to their side of the “verbal contract”. I received a response late yesterday that was couched along the same lines as the ECU Chancellor’s original statement.

I then responded with a rebuttal citing the fact that the Marching Band was an “elective” opportunity and that playing of TNA was well known prior to someone requesting membership. I also pointed out that the members received “compensation”, much in the same manner as an athlete does. The members who protested did not live up to their commitment and thus were “in breach” of their verbal and binding contract. I also referenced recent remarks by the Steeler’s Coach as WHY there was no protests from the team. That was part of the Intro to Sunday Night’s game….and a very professional statement and position.

Finally, I also pointed out our rich and much admired military history and that the ROTC members of the band were being DISSED and that there were probably Ex Military members of the band or there may well be individuals that have lost loved ones serving our country.

Right after that, I googled and found that ECU and the Chancellor had reversed their position and “additional protests will not be tolerated”. You can google the local TV stations that reported it and had the Presser in the article. I then forwarded that to the aforementioned individuals.

I have NO pull or connections in any of the departments, only being a long time WP supporter, an NCSU Alumnus and also a Marching Band Alumnus that provides constructive feedback, both positive and negative, when certain events occur or when there is need for correcting a confusing situation or clarification. If you want to follow-up on your own, then the email addresses of Dr. Woodson, AD Yow and Director Garcia are publicly available. You can also get Bobby Purcell’s email address from the WPC site or by calling the WPC. This is NOT a solicitation for any action, pro or con….just trying to give insight as to how I approached this and used the resources at my disposal.

There was an article that quoted at least one member of the ECU BOT, a Raleigh Attorney, who was concerned about the display and the position of ECU. He was rather outspoken. There were also comments, I forget from whom, about a “protest” from ECU supporters in that what if THEY chose NOT to write checks to the University. I read that earlier….and then sent my follow-up email and then, late in the day, a link to the ECU reversal or perhaps “further clarified” the University’s position.

I will respect the rights of all, whether they support or differ, and will not use this thread for further discussion….I hope that there is some continuing discussion about this within NCSU.

I ALSO wonder if perhaps the UNC BOG (that is the Governing Body for the Consolidated University….and NOT the UNC CH BOT) is now involved. If I were the Chancellor, I certainly would be discussing this with my boss, Mrs. Spelling…

YogiNC
    Participant

Sorry Paki, a church is NOT a public entity. Remember the separation of church and state thing, it works the other way too. However ALL properties of NCSU ARE public entities. Paid for in part or in whole with government funds. If any entity within that collection of entities allows one point of view to be expressed through the first amendment then they must make provisions for any and all views to be expressed OR they fall within the “equal protection under the law”.

I hate to admit this BUT years ago some of my money went to UNX. I helped my cousin attend law school there. He graduated #1 in his class. There have been many times that money has resulted in lots of “free” advice. I was discussing this very topic last night with him. Band directors everywhere are jumping on a very slippery slope. Too much taxpayer assistance for grants and such that mucks up the picture. Being able to “perform” with the band “could’ become a reality if some would choose to pursue it.

Smarter than the average bear

Viewing 16 posts - 176 through 191 (of 191 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.