Female sports journalists & 75 hottest sportscasters on TV

Home Forums StateFans Baseball & Other Sports Female sports journalists & 75 hottest sportscasters on TV

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

The trend in hiring hot women in sports reached critical mass long ago…and, the consequences of the practice are very far reaching and are chipping away at the establishment for better and for worse.

Heck, look no further than our own market as a micro-example where we have a pretty hot young woman who works for a local media outlet. She doesn’t remotely hide her sports allegiance and extreme bias to a local program (where she was also educated) and the stories of her ‘associations’ with former and current players are heavily rumored and seem to be common knowledge to many.

But, she is good looking, I’ll give her that. And the local male ‘journalists’ on twitter who comprise the ‘under 30, excessively entitled, brigade of douchebags who can only type snark in 140 characters or less on twitter’ love flirting with her any way that they can. The media outlet doesn’t seem to mind at all that one of their faces shows such bias in her work or has the reputation she has in the area. I can only imagine the power she wields amongst a bunch of male journalists and management who’ve rarely had the ability or skills to interact with good looking women; and I don’t have to imagine the power/impact she has on local sports coverage when I notice the bent of her ‘coverage’ in her articles and on twitter.

(I know what you are asking, “How did Lauren Brownlow get hired”? Note, I didn’t say they were ALL hot.)

Now imagine this impact being multiplied at almost every media outlet in the country. It is happening. Does it make things better or worse?

Unfortunately, whenever you see headlines like this you KNOW it is going to be a slideshow. But, I thought I would share just because the fusion of this pin up culture with journalism has GOT to drive the real journalists off the wall.

Link

BJD95
    Keymaster

ESPN.com’s Ashley Fox is beautiful, but I read her NFL stuff for how intelligent and insightful it is.

Gowolves
    Participant

Suzy Khobler five to 10 years ago. Still hot but damn! I can see why Joe wanted to lick her face. Ms.Ponder and Ms. Stark are very, very strong as well.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Samantha Ponder.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Alex Flanagan always made Sunday Night Football for me.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Ok, color me out of touch. Who’s the local vacant hottie?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Anybody wonder where Jayne Kennedy is these days??

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    tjfoose1
    Participant
    lush
    Participant

Erin Summers?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

–foose … you GOTT to be only guy around here that would go to all the trouble to find that pic of Jayne and post it…

THANKS for another reminder of how old some of us are….
    back at you….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

^^I guess Erin Summers, but OP may have their reasons for not directly posting the name.

She is attractive.

StateFans
    Keymaster

WOW!! Erin Summers is definitely attractive!

lush
    Participant

Agreed.

I didn’t know who the local market chick was. Never heard of her.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Ah, Erin Summers, of course. I remember her. Physically attractive girls become so less so to me when they constantly say stupid and ignorant things, no matter their ranking on the hotness meter. Even more so when their own opinion of that ranking exceeds reality. It’s a curse that dramatically limits the pool.

That must be why I forgot about her.

tjfoose1
    Participant

THANKS for another reminder of how old some of us are….

Yeah, no fun… But I always feel a little better when considering the only alternative.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

look no further than our own market as a micro-example where we have a pretty hot young woman who works for a local media outlet. She doesn’t remotely hide her sports allegiance and extreme bias to a local program (where she was also educated) and the stories of her ‘associations’ with former and current players are heavily rumored and seem to be common knowledge to many

I have it on very good word that those rumors are not only true, they are mild compared to the whole story. The person that was telling me about it actually made me feel sorry for her.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.