Fairfield Stags come to Raleigh

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Fairfield Stags come to Raleigh

Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    ryebread
    Participant

That was a fun game to watch. Fairfield isn’t good, but as stated with the App game, it is a glimpse of what this team can be. I’d put Yurt in the high post with BJ, Kapita and Abu rotating down low. The offense looks much better when it is Smith/MJ and Yurt as the primary distributors with our wings able to catch the ball in good scoring position. With TH, Mav and Dorn, if they’re selective, they can all be highly efficient.

The defense is showing signs of improving. If nothing else, the additional depth gives us a better distribution of the fouls.

It’s kind of a shame that we are playing from behind with respect to team development. We’re basically in game #2 of everyone. We’re going to need to grow up quickly in ACC play.

DSJ and Yurt are as advertised. I think they’re only going to get better.

MJ is the steal of this recruiting class though. If he improves that free throw shooting, he’ll be the anchor of our backcourt over the next 3 seasons. He plays very smart, is a good on the ball defender, distributes well and can electrify a crowd with some of his moves.

Don’t sleep on Kirk. Granted he’s getting in at garbage time, but he looks like instant offense to me. He reminds me a lot of some players in the HWSNBN era that kind of got buried but could light it up with some PT. It seems he needs to work on defense and some situational awareness.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

BTOB, Grey, Yogi and the OTHER old codgers here

B’rer ‘Roo…

Who are YOU calling OLD???

All I know is old ain’t is old as old used to be….

As far as liver – mushed or otherwise…

NOT ME! If it ain’t chicken and ain’t fried… I ain’t never touched that stuff…

Did try some beef or pork liver cooked some other way ONE TIME as a small kid…
    I did NOT SWALLOW…
    … and that’s my story and I’m sticking to it….

BTW… did you get clearance from Ms. ‘Roo for the Yard Party for the Bowl Game at your house next Monday?

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Tony’s Ice Cream in Uptown Gastonia (native Charlottean, I couldn’t resist). That would be for their famous liver mush sandwich

Hickory is home for my wife and I, but I’ve never been to Tony’s. But a normal trip home ends with us bringing back livermush (wife’s favorite), BBQ by the pound, and diet Sundrop.

YogiNC
    Participant

Ummm VaW, is the diet Sundrop to offset the high fat content of pounds of BBQ? I had a friend in the Navy that would eat M&Ms by the large bag and wash ’em down with diet Coke. His nickname was Chumley, wonder why? LOL.

Smarter than the average bear

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

I’m not scared of a little fat…but avoid sugar at all costs. Lost over 60 lbs after getting Type 2 diagnosis. Weight stable for about 18 months now.

The sad thing is the guy that sells the BBQ, makes about the best slaw I’ve ever eaten. But I avoid it now since he adds sugar.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

In case you missed it

McCallum
    Participant

Diet Sundrop?!?

There is no god.

McCallum

Adventuroo
    Participant

BTOB,

Unfortunately, I had to abandon the website for “Br Roo’s Yard Party”. The Albanian Website Services that I was using sent me a WONDERFUL alternative. Even though, I have already benefited from the “TRUMP Rally” and now have a new TOY as a remembrance of the 2016 election, I am ALWAYS open to business ventures that require minimum capital and resources and have high Rewards.

The Albanian Website Developers have secretly, due to my NCSU connections, alerted me to a recent trend and will help me get in on the GROUND FLOOR. They are the “back room” developers for the following….

http://www.jill2016.com/

They are NOW working on a Fund Raising site for Senator Warren. It will be used to raise funds for Senator Warren, much as the Jill Stein site. This will be the main theme of the site….IMPEACH or IMPEDE President Trump. The logic is that due to the Post Election Traumatic Stress Syndrome, there is a fertile population that have such hatred for THEIR perceived “impending doom” of our country….despite all the economic, social, confidence, surveys to the contrary.

http://occupydemocrats.com/2016/12/15/elizabeth-warren-just-filed-bill-lead-trumps-impeachment/

Therefore, the Albanian Group is currently developing several sites for the unprecedented fund raising opportunities. They said that the “marketing consultants” advising Ms. Stein, Ms. Warren, etc. have surveyed the Liberal Limo Elites and that they are VERY open to funding ANY CAUSE that will disenfranchise the American Public over the election of President Trump. To quote them, we have NEVER seen such a golden opportunity. Our focus groups have determined that with the right message, the overt hatred for “TRIGGER” words will result in massive donations to cleanse the USA of this cancer. They include “Deplorables”, “Trump”, “It’s NOT Fair”, “We are NOT Sore Losers”, etc.

SO, I am diverted my Albanian team to set up a PAC for the intended purpose of preventing President Trump from taking office or thwarting him and his regime at every critical juncture. NOW, unfortunately, my consulting fees will probably absorb 99% of the revenues (perhaps 100%), so the actual IMPACT of our PAC will be sort of “Limpid”….

Therefore, the Double Credit Card registration site for the Party has been scrapped.

I will be sending you an email so that you can donate to my new PAC…..

Ain’t America a Wonderful place….a recent pundit said that folks that really don’t have a clear vision of our country and what happened are willing to part with vast amounts of cash to further their “divine visions”. PT said it better a long time ago, but I would NOT want to besmirch the sainted name of SUCKER….

Pack78
    Participant

so the actual IMPACT of our PAC will be sort of “Limpid”….

‘roo-so your PAC has a limp ‘id’-I think I see the problem…

Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.