Face the facts – State got their man!

Home Forums All StateFansNation Face the facts – State got their man!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Pack1998
    Participant

State had a long, long time to assess candidates. The best way to describe this situation is that State got their guy. He was clearly the top of the board, and they acted with speed to make it happen, less than 24 hours after his final game at UNCW it was signed, and he was talking to the State players.

The administration did a great job with the search and selection. They had good resources and do have experience, and I mean that in the best way.

Wolfpack Nation was and will remain a huge Archie fan, he will do well where ever he lands. Personally, I do feel sorry Archie was not presented the offer to at least assess it. Today is probably a crappy day for him for sure.

Kevin’s resume and body of work are impressive (dig into it if you want, AdjO and AdjD improved dramatically w/him, and he won the conf quickly). He seems to have something special as well. With State’s resources and support he has a lot of upside.

ldr of the pk 75
    Participant

In Coach Case, Sloan, and Valvano, we gave opportunity to 3 men with not much more than potential a chance. Coach K nor Dean Smith were sure things when hired. I think we have had this attitude of needing a big name to right the ship. That doesn’t happen often. On paper Keats has great potential. And he has been in State for 3 years. He hits the ground running, he doesn’t have to learn the area. Welcome Coach, go get ’em.

Wulfpack
    Participant

You might want to try spelling his name right. Would be a good start. Just a hint.

GoldenChain
    Participant

ldr you are spot on. Even unx screwed up with Dough before they were able to get roywonderboy and that was after they had tried to get him before and he spurned it. That is the rare, rare exception. Plus like it or not, unx has resources and branding that we don’t. This was the kind of hire we should have made when Sid was hired and when Gott was hired. I think we’d be a lot further down the road by now.

OutWestWolf
    Participant

This was the kind of hire we should have made when Sid was hired and when Gott was hired. I think we’d be a lot further down the road by now.

agreed, but given the tragedies those hires were I think many feel like it is another lump on the head to now so QUICKLY choose that path, and that it has more to do with the weakness of the AD than a wise and prudent path for this hire. I’ve watched all this from afar for all these years and it sure looks like NCSU has taken a lot of lumps and pain because the chosen ADs are generally bufoons.

With that, KeaTTs now deserves everyone’s support and his chance to become a great ACC coach.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Face the facts – State got their man!

We’ll agree to disagree. No use arguing with a man who believes that facts = opinions.

Greywolf
    Participant

State had a long, long time to assess candidates.

And to assess facts, too, you might add. Unfortunately TheAliasTroll wasn’t the one to assess the facts so the assessment of the search committee is wrong. If you don’t think so, go back and count the number of times he has made the same opinion known that the facts as HE sees them indicate that State did not get it’s man.

Kind of confusing isn’t it? The search committee evaluated all the facts and made it’s choice. The AD and Chancellor exercised that choice by offering KK a contract which KK accepted. But according to TheAliasTroll State didn’t get it’s man. Why? Because the assessment of the facts differs from his assessment, the choice is wrong.

TheAliasTroll offers to agree to disagree. No use arguing with a man who doesn’t believe that facts require assessment. Take his offer!!

albunde55
    Participant

Wolfpack Club, DY, “big money” got who they could afford. They were not willing to pay dollars that search committee identified it would cost. Read the articles of how they “zeroed”in on Keatts! Wish him well, but he was not the “man”. What is the saying, “you are not Mr Right, but you can be Mr Rightnow”!

choppack1
    Participant

Without having access to any inside scoop, I am going to operate under the assumption that Yow, Woodson and Murphy are rational actors.

As such, I believe that the alum with a stronger resume was queried as to his level of interest and it did not pass the test. I also believe my 1a was queried and again, positive enough vibes were not given.

And after watching VCU – Keatts moved way ahead of Wade.

JeremyH
    Participant

we don’t know if tier 1 fell apart by money or interest, but we all know money motivates interest, and we didn’t even fly tier 1 guys out to throw piles of cash in their face. we went cheap and safe. And that’s why folks like BJD have collapsed into a corner somewhere since the announcement.

tractor57
    Participant

As we did for Case, Sloan and Valvano. Maybe it is the right move, maybe not.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.