Duke Game Thread

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Duke Game Thread

Viewing 7 posts - 51 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    SaccoV
    Participant

I think the free throw disparity in the 2nd half was 23-10 favoring Duke. I was very happy to see Kirk with some minutes.

BassPacker
    Participant

I too was glad to see Kirk play, should have been seen more long time ago. Did anymore hear Vitales dribble about how Cat would not be drafted or perhaps just a late 2nd round NBA pick? He suggested Cat stay in school another year. I can’t imagine Cat’s stock being any higher by staying. Vitale also said Brice Johnson was a better player than Cat who deserved ACC POY. Course we all know how much Dickie loves BLUE.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

I too was glad to see Kirk play, should have been seen more long time ago. Did anymore hear Vitales dribble about how Cat would not be drafted or perhaps just a late 2nd round NBA pick? He suggested Cat stay in school another year. I can’t imagine Cat’s stock being any higher by staying. Vitale also said Brice Johnson was a better player than Cat who deserved ACC POY. Course we all know how much Dickie loves BLUE.

Honestly for the past 2 or so years I have muted both football and bball for the most part and put on a good album or whatever. Not that i think the announcers are against state just that they pretty much all suck. All of them. Blowhards. Its actually pretty refreshing to just hear music and watch the game. I am knowledgeable enough to follow the action and know whats going on without those tards telling me their opinion.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Vitale lost his mind a long time ago. Can’t stand him. Guarantee you he has no basis for knowing when Cat will get drafted. He just throws it out.

Now his latest rant is in regards to the Lville self imposed penalty. He hates how the innocent kids are being punished.

My question to him is – then what? The program goes unpunished? So Lville is allowed to run a hooker joint and bring in talent year after year without consequence? If that isn’t what he’s saying, I’d like to know if he has any other ideas. He doesn’t – he just goes on and on and on about innocent kids being punished.

13OT
    Participant

I heard Vitale’s dribble, and it’s definitely time for this motor mouth to go back to Bradenton and disappear somewhere along the Manatee. He and ESPN are all things Blue. His criticism of the way Louisville supposedly is punishing these kids makes me sick. Punishing? These kids are getting a FREE education that won’t incur them one penny of debt. And like Swofford, these kids KNEW that they were gravitating toward a turd pile when they signed on to come to the ‘Ville.

Worse yet, Dickie V’s pick of Brice Johnson as ACC POY convinces me that he knows (and cares) little about this league outside of the Blues, Syracuse and Louisville. Players who don’t wear Blue or show up on ESPN/ESPN2 regularly don’t count. If Barber isn’t the ACC POY, I can’t imagine who would be at this point. What else could Barber have done this season? And to say that Barber would be be better off to remain at State another season is simply idiotic. What possible good would riding this train wreck another season be for Barber? Mark my words, if you think this season has been awful for Wolfpack football and men’s basketball, just wait until next season!

My days as a WPC member are winding down rapidly. It is way past time for NCSU to do what it should have done almost two years ago, and that is to clean out the coaching staffs of football and men’s basketball as well as the AD and staff, and start over. But that won’t happen, not with all the money rolling in. There will be contract extensions and higher pay, but the losing will go on and on and on.

Truly we are in the Dark Ages of Wolfpack Sports! And it may get even darker before someone with clout will be able to do anything about it. Trust me, it’s going to get worse before it gets better, if it ever does.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

You could hear Vitale? The crowd was so loud, I couldn’t hear anything for most of the 2nd half. A lot of that was thanks to Caleb Martin also. That was a nice move. I wonder if that was a coach’s call or his own initiative. It took the crowd a little bit to realize that they were yelling like crazy while their guy was on the line shooting free throws.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

As to the girls, they played hard but were out manned

That sounds like a line straight out of the current gender wars.

Viewing 7 posts - 51 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.