Dreaming

Home Forums All StateFansNation Dreaming

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    freshmanin83
    Participant

Ok the title is a warning and so is this I am going to dream a little here. I like dreaming and it is has been a while since I allowed myself to do it about Wolfpack basketball. So you are warned. There may be some who should stop reading because you probably will not like it. What if’s and too many variables, too much ball left to play. I say to you that you are correct. I agree but I still like to dream.

This is mainly going to be about possible seeding for the upcoming ACC tourney. The Pack is tied at 5th place with Va. Tech and Louisville at 8-6. Good spot imo but I am dreaming of a better one. Yep I am dreaming of a top 4 double bye spot. Impossible, outrageous, ok but still think of this. In my dream we will have to win out. 4 wins in a row. I think it can be done. Three at home and one on the road. Remaining games. BC, Fl. St., @ Ga. Tech, L’ville.

So if we win out L,ville is out of the picture that leaves Va, Tech. whose remaining schedule is Clemson, L,ville, Duke, @ Miami. I think it possible they will lose one of those games and if that happens them my dream is on course and those teams are taken care of. So we need to move up one spot for my dream to come true.

Top four Va. (13-1), Duke (10-4), unx (10-5), Clemson (9-5).

Clemson remaining schedule @ Va. Tach, Ga. Tach, Fl. St., @ Cuse. I think that Clemson will win out. If they do not and lose one of those then the tie breakers for seeding comes into play and the 1st tie breaker is the record against each other – we split the regular season with them, next tie breaker for seeding is record against common opponents starting at the top and working down until someone has an advantage. We both lost against Va. so next we won against Duke and Clemson lost so we would win the tie breaker.

unx remaining schedule is @ Cuse, Miami, @ Duke. I think it is possible that they will loose at Duke. If they do then again to tie breaker. Head to head we split, next common opponents, Va. we both lost. Against Duke we won and if Duke beats unx then they will be 1-1 on the season. I think then we win the tie breaker.

It is fun to dream.

Texpack
    Participant

But we have to play Louisville on Senior Day when Sam Hunt and Al will be emotional about their time at State, not to mention Frenchy and Abu.

Seriously, we are more likely to go 3-1 than 2-2 in my mind, but 1-3 is still very possible. Beat BC tomorrow night and then we can dream about the final 3 games. Lose and the thoughts of a nightmare finish will start to creep into our consciousness.

freshmanin83
    Participant

Yep, yep too much ball left to play lol I get it. Shared dreaming does not often work no matter the “Falling Water.”

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

As I see it…

1. B.OTB Degree of Difficulty on our 4 remaining games…

BC at home = 1.5
    FSU at home = 3.5
    GT on the road = 1.0
    UL at home= 2.5

4-0 is entirely possible… beating the NOLES will be the key…
    3-1 is the minimum acceptable performance…

2. Dook will beat the Holes in Cameron… either way they’ll probaly be in the same bracket in the ACCT

3. Abu should sit on Senior Day…

4. Ain’t nuttin’ wrong with a little dreaming…

The only problem I see with this dream is it puts us in the same bracket in the ACCT as the ‘hoos…
    I’d rather lose to ’em in the Championship game than the semi-finals…
    At 3-1… In RPI terms on paper, we’d be trading a loss to FSU or Louisville for a win over Clempsom, Dook or the HOLES…

That said, it no uncertain terms… I’d love for us the beat the Noles by Twenty…

So let’s do that! And hope we stay out of the ‘hoos bracket…

GO PACK!
    byob-B.OTB

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    freshmanin83
    Participant

B.otb on your Degree of Difficulty scale how high does it go? 5 or does it go higher?

Texpack
    Participant

B.otb on your Degree of Difficulty scale how high does it go? 5 or does it go higher?

I’m going to say 6 like diving since we went degree of difficulty. That makes GT equal to a belly flop.

rthomas44
    Participant

Pass the tomato juice (flavor-aid) and then the ice cream.

MrPlywood
    Participant

11, duh…

turn it up to 11

ryebread
    Participant

Ply: I love the Marshall reference.

Bill: I don’t think that 3-1 is the minimal acceptable. Heck, we could go 1-3 and still make the level that I was told was not achievable before the seasons started. I do understand that going 2-2 will “feel” like a let down given the momentum we are riding, but even then that would leave us at 10-8. That’s more than our previous two ACC seasons combined.

Gott had one year at 10-8 and one year at 11-7. He had one year at 9-7 before the conference moved to 18 games. His other 3 years were below 10-8. Go 3-1 and we’re at 11-7, which was the high water mark of Gott and that team had 4 McDonald’s AAs plus Brown, Wood and Howell.

I personally think we CAN go 4-0. We might make it into the tournament at 2-2. I would agree with the spirit of your post that 3-1 likely punches the NCAA ticket.

freshmanin83: I think Clemson will lose some. Injuries are catching up to them.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

the degree of difficulty numbers are relative among the four teams…

to put that in perspective a bit — ‘hoos = 11…

minimum acceptable is an updated number as of 2/19/18…

sorry for the confusion…

GO PACK!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.