Dr. Saturday projects NC State vs…

Home Forums StateFans Football Dr. Saturday projects NC State vs…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

Dr. Saturday projects NC State vs East Carolina in the St. Petersburg Bowl on the day after Christmas. Merry friggin Christmas.

St. Petersburg (December 26 in St. Petersburg, FL): East Carolina (American) vs. NC State (C-USA/ACC)

I would rather have a dog bite off my arm.

Link

So, if we can win at Carolina do we effectively raise ourselves out of this lower tier of bowls where playing ECU is a possibility?

packbackr04
    Participant

yuck…

JackWolf
    Keymaster

have also seen us projected to play ECU in the Military Bowl in DC

wufpup76
    Keymaster

So, if we can win at Carolina do we effectively raise ourselves out of this lower tier of bowls where playing ECU is a possibility?

The Temple loss in particular kills ECU, and with the loss @ Cincy they’re pretty much toast in the AAC since they don’t get a shot at Memphis (ECU is 3-2 and behind Memphis, Cincy, & UCF).

They have winnable games vs. Tulane and Tulsa, then end the season hosting UCF. I’d guess it hinges on how they fare vs. UCF and our outcome vs. the Cheats. I could still see us playing against ECU even if we happen to take the Cheats to class, contingent upon ECU finishing up 3-0.

packbackr04
    Participant

…and ECU will kill us. Even in a year when we arent forced to play them in the regular season, we will still end up having to get beat by them, guh

Gowolves
    Participant

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/11/19/emanuel-mcgirt-commits-nc-state

Getting some love on the national level with McGirt’s commitment.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Yea, I don’t want them this year. They are better than us right now, no question.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

There was a confusing article about the bowls in the N&O last week(?). It said that at 7-5, the Belk Bowl would be interested in State.

StateFans
    Keymaster

it is CLASSIC for the last 20 year history of us playing them — basically, somehow we get matched up against some of their absolute best teams in their program’s history…but very rarely (only once with CTC about 10 years ago) do we get to play them when we’re having one of our better years.

They are senior laden and this is their last hurrah. I think they’ve got about the same amount of seniors than we have seniors and juniors combined.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… @StateFans… speaking of “coyote ugly”…
    where’s Mr. Dog been lately ??

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    BJD95
    Keymaster

Agreed on the dog/arm angle. I hate playing those shit-sniffers badly enough in the regularly scheduled games. I’m not sure I could stand watching on teh teevee box, certainly wouldn’t consider attending live.

Plus I am Costa Rica for Divorcemas from 22 Dec through 28 Dec. Ho, ho, ho!

BJD95
    Keymaster

I want to play in whatever bowl could match us up with any SEC team (preferably South Cakalaky, Tennessee, or Florida, in that order).

VaWolf82
    Keymaster
    triadwolf
    Participant

It’s a good strategy for a bowl trying to sell tickets. A ton of ECU fans will come to watch their team beat up on us one more time; especially on national television. I think it’s a horrible match up for us and am really hoping it doesn’t happen.

PackofMac
    Participant

If that game happens maybe some of our marketing greats will manage to incorporate cross bones under our wolf head logo for a sweet new helmet logo! I mean copying their mid field logo worked so well…..sorry I couldn’t resist

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Let’s just all Cry Wolf….
    and lull them into a State of extremely lackadaisical arrogance…
    and then beat the Sh6t out of them…

Oh yeah… I forgot…

Oh well… maybe we just politely decline the invitation…
    what are they going to do? tear our stadium up or something..

Oh yeah… I forgot…

We are talking ’bout pie_rats of ectc…

—————-
    My best EcTc story..

When my kids got to middle school… I was at school meeting discussing the current state of education in North Carolina… This guy on the School Board asks me when I first saw trouble in education on the horizon….

I thought for a minute and answered as dryly as I could…

“‘Bout twenty years ago … Sometime back in the Fall of 1973… well after midnight, one Friday morning…”

Intrigued …. he had to ask.. “Where were you when this happened?”

I waited a few seconds …. and replied….

“… in the middle of that big parking lot between Greene, White and Fletcher dorms..”

Greywolf
    Participant

where’s Mr. Dog been lately ??

Mr. DOG’s working on the north side of Lake Gaston in a no-Fi zone.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^I hope he took his ice skates with him to Gasburg…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.