Doeren's 3rd season projected at 10-2

Home Forums StateFans Football Doeren's 3rd season projected at 10-2

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    tjfoose1
    Participant

Bleacher Report projects a 10-2 Wolfpack in 2015.

Wolfpack is the 10th entry.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2411832-projecting-2015-win-loss-records-for-every-acc-football-team/page/10

Bring on the high expectations. This is football!

Wulfpack
    Participant

10-2? Wow.

MP
    Participant

Clearly Bleacher Report is not informed of what nuances like “at Wake Forest” mean around these parts…

TheCOWDOG

Hmmm. It’s documented that after season 1, I projected 8 and 9 win seasons to follow right on the heels.

What do these guys know, that I don’t? Curious.

😉

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Starters returning: 14

That’s not a great sign. Returners off of the two-deep would probably be a better stat to track.

WolfBlood86
    Participant

Bleacher report… I’ll take it. Looking at the other predictions for teams, the author thinks we will only lose to Clemson and FSU. I think this record is possible if we let Brissett off his leash like we did last year against the Cheats and he doesn’t get hurt. However, I still think there has to be 1 or 2 WTF games in us next season. Hopefully we could maybe cancel those out with a win against Clemson or FSU. My realistic expectation or hope is we can have a win ACC record or at worst breakeven .500. Of course with a 4 win non-conference record.

redisgood
    Participant

I like what he wrote, but I like what he’s smoking even better.

Rick
    Keymaster

Hmmm. It’s documented that after season 1, I projected 8 and 9 win seasons to follow right on the heels.

;-)

Only nine wins, why so negative? 😉

ncsu_kappa
    Participant

wow… I’ve never been big into drugs but man I want some of what that guy is smoking. Not saying we are the SEC but I don’t how long before Beamer gets VT back on track, UL will no doubt better than they were last year and we know all to well what trips to Wake Forest are like.

Maybe this is a best case scenario projection not what he really thinks will happen. I think 8 or 9 wins in the regular season is reasonable and 10-2 if we are a special team again. Our WR core has me a little nervous but at RB we are deep as humanly possible.

I look forward to watching it all play out

Wufpacker
    Participant

3 yds and a cloud of dust? Nah. Offense will be fine.
    The team will go as far as the defense takes it, however. 10 win regular season? Maybe. Kinda wish the Clemson game was on the road and we had one of VT, Wake or UNC at home quite frankly. All three are tossups as road games IMHO, and BC won’t be a cakewalk either.

10 days and counting…

redisgood
    Participant

^The way we handled the cheats and with so much red in the stands, it seemed like a home game, but it really was in Chapel Hill. We should have them at home this year.

Wufpacker
    Participant

You are correct, sir.
    Brain cramp. I need a nap.

tjfoose1
    Participant

However, I still think there has to be 1 or 2 WTF games in us next season. 

Those will become increasingly less frequent with the current coach. His coaching style and methodology will eventually keep them at a minimum, if not eliminated.

ncsu_kappa
    Participant

after reading the article it was about as informative as a daily horoscope. I was hoping he talked with Doeren or another coach and got some insight into why past weaknesses or inconsistencies will be strengths. We know we responded well at the RB position but are there any surprise contributions coming in at WR / LB / CB or the DL?

Wufpacker
    Participant

Don’t know about surprise contributions, but most of our recent shortcomings and inconsistencies had not only to do with talent depth but also experience of the talent that was present.

Adding a pretty good class, and a year of experience across the board for those already in the fold, and also in DD’s system so to speak, should do quite a bit. At least from the consistency angle.

tjfoose1
    Participant

…but I don’t how long before Beamer gets VT back on track

He won’t. Not what they were.

Best scenario for Beamer is that he’s able to scrap together an 8 or 9 win season that wins the Coastal sometime in the next 3-5 years giving him the opportunity to retire on a ‘high’ note.

Otherwise you’re looking at a Bowden situation in Blacksburg.

tjfoose1
    Participant

LB’s will be fine, and deep. DL will be better than average, at a minimum.

Secondary is my only question mark, but for now, will trust in the coaches to at least have them playing up to adequate given the progress made in-season last year, the returning contributors, the talent being brought in, and the redshirts.

Texpack
    Participant

;-)

Only nine wins, why so negative? ;-)

Because everybody knows DD is in over his head

WolfBlood86
    Participant

Those will become increasingly less frequent with the current coach. His coaching style and methodology will eventually keep them at a minimum, if not eliminated.

He11 yea! Definitely agree. Let’s hope next season is the start of that trend. It’s been so engrained in our culture but it should get better with this staff one game at a time.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

If it’s too good to be true… it probably is…

So let’s just play the football games…
    At the end of the season, there’s no doubt in my mind we all will be proud of this team and our coaches.

Afterall, it’s well documented public knowledge, Coach Doeren is over his head…
    and the team is underwater…

Just ask Coach Hat or any Holes fan…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Rick
    Keymaster

Just ask Coach Hat or any Holes fan…

At least you can buy season tickets to UNC games for $99. There’s always that.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Yeah, think Foose is right about the Castrated Turkeys. They were always kind of a paper tiger, surviving as the one-eyed man/king in the land of the blind. Didn’t take much talent dropoff for it all to come tumbling down.

Yet they still beat the (ugh) national champs in their house. Football can be weird sometimes.

This much rationality-based optimism has be terrified that someone is going to come over to my house (home office day, WOO!) and shit in my coffee.

redisgood
    Participant

Jerod Fernandez: “Our defense about to be something serious this year”

I like the sound of that!

wufpup76
    Keymaster

This much rationality-based optimism has be terrified that someone is going to come over to my house (home office day, WOO!) and shit in my coffee.

The other shoe that always drops needs to drop somewhere else for a change, DAMMIT! (Preferably not in your coffee)

PackerInRussia
    Participant

What?! Predicting 2 losses?? No respect. Bulletin board material.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.