Doeren/NC State hires new director of player personnel

Home Forums StateFans Football Doeren/NC State hires new director of player personnel

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

Cullen Homolka

Link

Cullen Homolka, who spent this past season as a high school head coach in Ohio, will be the next director of player personnel at NC State. Homolka worked as a graduate assistant on Dave Doeren’s staff at Northern Illinois in 2012.

Homolka will be filling the role of Drew Hughes, who was here only nine months but became an ACC legend anyway for his infamous WHAT UP BIG TIME recruiting letters.

[snip]

Hughes accepted a job at Florida earlier this month. He’d been at Central Florida prior to accepting a gig in Raleigh.

What does a director of player personnel do, anyway? I was never really sure myself; I knew colorful letters were involved, but beyond that it was hard to tell. Here’s a good description from the UF release on Hughes:

At N.C. State, Hughes was in charge of all operational aspects of recruiting, including all on-campus visits, official visits, unofficial visits, junior day and mailing recruits among other responsibilities.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.