Doeren, COY?

Home Forums StateFans Football Doeren, COY?

Tagged: 

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Greywolf
    Participant

I don’t think so either but he’s on the Paul “Bear” Bryant COY watch list and the Bobby Dodd COY watch list. Unconfirmed but I heard that Bradley Chubb is on the Heisman list — the only defensive player on the list. Hines for the 2nd consecutive week and 3rd time this year on the Paul Hornung Award Honor Roll (whatever that means.) There’s more…

I figure the Doeren COY watch list bit should send some of you spinning off the road.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

….

IF…

We win out… then DD absolutely deserves all the ‘love’ he can stand….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    PackofMac
    Participant

Exactly Bill, IF

Greywolf
    Participant

Exactly Bill, IF

Yeah Bill, IF we win out.

….

IF…

We win out… then DD absolutely deserves all the ‘love’ he can stand…

You guys are something else. No love for being 6-1 overall and 4-0 in the conference. Win out then DD absolutely deserves all the ‘love’ he can stand.

YogiNC
    Participant

He deserves to be ACC COY without a doubt.

Smarter than the average bear

McCallum
    Participant

Nobody is “spinning off the road” but a very healthy skepticism is always a good policy in most things especially issues involving State.

I haven’t read anywhere that people dislike or hate Dapper Dave. He is a coach with a short track record, State took a chance on him. He has a very nice record SO FAR THIS SEASON and you’d think from your comments that the universe has changed in some manner. I would expect most State folks are pleased but would rather sit patiently and wait for ALL THE RESULTS to come in before they start sacrificing virgins at the base of the bell tower.

I hope you are right Greywolf. I hope we beat Bama in the title game, Dapper Dave is the next caudillo, Chubb wins the Heisman and Benny Hill classsics are my birthday gift but at some point realism trumps hope. I hope all your predictions come true but I’ll stick with the old saying about broken clocks being right twice a day.

McCallum

Greywolf
    Participant

Nobody is “spinning off the road” but a very healthy skepticism is always a good policy in most things especially issues involving State.

I haven’t read anywhere that people dislike or hate Dapper Dave. He is a coach with a short track record, State took a chance on him. He has a very nice record SO FAR THIS SEASON and you’d think from your comments that the universe has changed in some manner. I would expect most State folks are pleased but would rather sit patiently and wait for ALL THE RESULTS to come in before they start sacrificing virgins at the base of the bell tower.

I hope you are right Greywolf. I hope we beat Bama in the title game, Dapper Dave is the next caudillo, Chubb wins the Heisman and Benny Hill classsics are my birthday gift but at some point realism trumps hope. I hope all your predictions come true but I’ll stick with the old saying about broken clocks being right twice a day.

McCallum

COY stands for Coach Of the Year. In this case that would be THIS YEAR. What the heck does skepticism have to do with being nominated for COY? Don’t answer. I’ll tell you. Absolutely nothing.

You see what you want to see, Mac. Nobody (that would be me) suggested DD would win. He was NOMINATED, that all. If you can’t see that DD is disliked by many people on this board, you are blind or have you eyes closed.

For anybody else who might be reading this and don’t know what COY stands for, first let me tell you what it does not stand for Coach of the Decade or coach for the last 5 years or coach with an exceptional record over time. Coaches are nominated by impartial panels who examine how a coach is doing in the first half of a year, not the whole year. They decide who in their opinion deserves to be declared Coach of the Year.

POP!

YogiNC
    Participant

Mc, the only predictions I’ve seen this year were at the start of the season. And no one here has predicted that DD will get COY, or State would even make it to the NC against bama. But at this point in THIS season the team has done really well, well above almost everyone’s expectations. And yet what I think you may be taking as predictions of grandeur, most of us have at best guarded optimism. Right now this is a season of hope and no comments have gone past that. The thing is the hopes this year are vastly different than in a long time. I remember that 2002 season VERY WELL. I also remember GT coming in and taking away that chance for a great season on the 2nd of November.

So I say to you why not let us revel in what could be until it all plays out. We’ve had to live with the pessimism for so long why not let us enjoy our guarded optimism. We’ve had a very good season so far and even the detractors have to admit it is surprising and joyous to see us doing so well. Why not let it go at that until something negative does happen. Constantly being chicken little eventually becomes really difficult, doesn’t it?

Smarter than the average bear

McCallum
    Participant

Nothing like a little passive/aggressive speculation?(emphasis on question mark akin to the one in the thread title)

I know. You aren’t saying it but others are so just in case “their” speculation is validated you de facto are validated.

I never knew COY meant coach of the year, thanks for clearing that up.

In other breaking news, water is wet.

McCallum

Greywolf
    Participant

He is a coach with a short track record, State took a chance on him. He has a very nice record SO FAR THIS SEASON

I never knew COY meant coach of the year, thanks for clearing that up.

I could tell it was the “Year” part you weren’t clear on. It has nothing to do with his track record or whether or not a school took a chance on him. It has every thing do with what kind of job he is doing this year.

Tau837
    Participant

I’m not sure when COY voting is conducted. Is it after regular season concludes or after conference championship games? Assuming the former:

If we finish the regular season 11-1, DD should be ACC and national COY.
    If we finish the regular season 10-2, he should be ACC COY.
    If we finish the regular season 9-3, his shot at ACC COY depends on how the rest of the teams finish.

Regarding Chubb, he ranked #9 on ESPN’s most recent expert poll. 12 players received votes in the poll, including one other defensive player (Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama), who ranked #7.

If we were to win out in the regular season, and assuming Chubb played really well the rest of the way, I could see him possibly reaching the top 5, meaning he could be invited to the ceremony. If we beat Notre Dame and he has a big game, our media department should start promoting him.

freshmanin83
    Participant

Come On YoW; Cover Our Yawns; Calling outside Yodelers; Catamaran or Yacht; Clapton over Yardbirds; Cussed out Yuppie; Cultivating only Legumes; Carry on Yappers.

Too many choices, so little time.

freshmanin83
    Participant

I would like to claim a typo, brain freeze, something meant to type Yams then could not change it. ^^^

McCallum
    Participant

I could tell it was the “Year” part you weren’t clear on. It has nothing to do with his track record or whether or not a school took a chance on him. It has every thing do with what kind of job he is doing this year.

Gone fishin’!

McCallum

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Bye week === boring Saturday afternoon….

AS perfectly exhibited above…
    ————————-
    In the meantime, I’m sitting out back on the Urban Farm, watching my Fall ‘maters ripen and listening to the Cheaters/Va Tech game on the Tarhole non-sports radio…

It’s an absolutely wonderful Fall afternoon — 80* F — wind <5mph — clear skies… but the best part is listening to Tarhole radio guys rationalize in positive ways why the Cheaters are down 35- Zip at the half…

The only thing I forgot to do today was get some oysters… but a good friend gave me a 5lb chunk of a King Mackerel he caught three days ago… so I think it will be OK….

POP!!!!!

POP!!!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^check that, Tony….

With 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter…

HOKIES – 52
    Cheaters – Zip

Nothing could be finer to the west at Carowhinner…

IF we don’t hang 50 on the HOLES, DD ain’t gonna be COY….

POP!!!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Nothing could be finer to the west at Carowhinner…

FINAL….

Hokies — FIFTY NINE !!!…
    Holes 0 just 7

IDK why we can’t hang SIXTY on ’em…

POP!!!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.