Discuss Your Sleeper Picks

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Discuss Your Sleeper Picks

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    BJD95
    Keymaster

It’s a weak mid-major year, outside of Scary Wheat, of course. So, this task is tougher than ever.

For me, I look at several factors. Teams with multiple scoring options, and good-to-very good athleticism. I also prefer “positive” teams, that play a more open/loose style. Think that works better in tourneys than dragging opponents through the muck (or maybe that just makes it more fun to pull for my sleeper to prove me right).

I posit that this year’s Nebraska squad has all the requisite attributes.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Glad you asked. Let the madness commence.

I’m going Okie State, VCU, Oregon, Creighton, SMU and Cincy. All capable of going a very long way IMHO.

TheCOWDOG

Archibald Miller’s Flyers are playing really good ball. That’s my sleeper pick.

redcanine
    Participant

Kentucky. Why? Nonya business.

TheCOWDOG

Just because….

My brackets are in shambles, but not because of the Fightin’ Don Mays.

Look for Archibald to join Big Bro, and you know who, on the other side of the Great Divide in the very near future…

TheCOWDOG

And speaking of Dayton…

I hope all SFN coaches just caught the CBS halftime interview with Archibald.

” We didn’t practice for game preparation…so much as we concentrated on making guys improve on their individual weaknesses.”

Awesome, given the time constraints of tourney ball. That’s what ya do.

I’d bet everything I have won this weekend that in the span of State’s 8 days, they shot a couple hundred FTs apiece, and walked thru the traps and presses, on every possible occaission.

MrPlywood
    Participant

I have Dayton in the Sweet 16, but had them losing to Kansas. Now going against Stanford they have a great shot at the 8.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Two #11s, Dayton and Tennessee, are headed to the Sweet 16, along with 10 seeded Stanford. Kentucky is not a surprise with that talent and how they played Florida in the SEC final. UCONN is a bit of a surprise as a 7. We will see if 8 seeded Gonzaga and Memphis can pull off the upsets over #1s Zona and UVA later tonight.

Texpack
    Participant

I have Iowa State to Arlington. I know they are a three seed but they’ve gotten no love.

Note:with this post my mourning period has ended

Axe ‘Em Jacks! They look to be overmatched so far.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Iowa State to the Final Four is a great pick, but I think either Michigan State or UVA will tame them with shut down D.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.