Direct TV and ESPN 3

Home Forums StateFans Baseball & Other Sports Direct TV and ESPN 3

Tagged: ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Gowolves
    Participant

ESPN 3 is now available through your Direct TV log in and password information.

This ends the public service announcement.

Bye TWC. Just one more connection to break and that’s internet cable.

packplantpath
    Participant

Look into sling tv. Has ESPN and a few other things. $20 month.

Texpack
    Participant

ESPN 3 is now available through your Direct TV log in and password information.

This ends the public service announcement.

Bye TWC. Just one more connection to break and that’s internet cable.

I believe that also includes all of Watch ESPN as well. I have a hotel or two that I stay in that doesn’t carry ESPNU so it will be nice to have the internets, as Bobby Bowden would say, as a fall back.

DirecTV is pretty solid. I’ve been with them for 9-10 years and I’ve never had a problem with the way they handle their business.

Gowolves
    Participant

Watch ESPN, ESPN 3, SEC tv SEC premium, and Long Horn TV all become available under this new deal. When this was announced in December I figured we would have to wait until spring but the deal is done now.

BassPacker
    Participant

Say good bye to Dish perhaps more. As long as TWC has internet, they will always be a player. I just got back from Wally World were there was an agressive Directv promo/sign up going on in store. They were highlighting the ESPN streaming package along with NFL football.

YogiNC
    Participant

With Dish I’ve had espn3 and the SEC network since last april. Had fox sports package for years. I’ve been a direct customer and I’ll never go back. I’ve had at least 5 neighbors and friends that have left direct for dish just in the last year and they all said their bill was lower, service better and more channels. I have 2 DVRs which lets me record 6 programs at once (no more conflicts with the wife unit on who gets to record what, she has her recorder, I have mine). Also with my internet connection I can recall all network programming for the last month for free, so even if a game runs overtime and screws up the recording I can download it for free and still watch it. I can also watch Tv from work with the dish anywhere app which came in handy last year during the ACC tourney and the big dance.

Smarter than the average bear

DFMo
    Participant

Digging up an old one here. Thinking of finally switching to DirecTV. Two year commitment does not scare me off (2 years will be over before I know it and I am not a service switching kind of guy but want to save some $$). I am still a Live Sports TV guy, need DVR to time shift some programming and to keep the wife happy. Not sure I am ready to go all internet but …

1. Does anyone have advice on how to get the best DirecTV package and rates? They have TV ads, tons of direct mailing, and I have a quote from AT&T Store when I was getting a new phone.

2. Anyone bundling AT&T internet and DirecTV?

3. Anyone so totally sold on one of the OTT internet services with DVR and Live Sports and reliability that they would make a recommendation?

4. Anyone bundling internet and one of the OTT services?

OK, I’ll come clean. Still on TWC/Spectrum bundle and have twice called for better rates which last 1 year then go back up to the list price and I bend over. I don’t like that game.

YogiNC
    Participant

My costs with Dish went up 5 bucks this year due to some increased costs associated with local broadcasts and a few cable channels. that is the first price increase I’ve had in the last 10 years for my “service”. I did upgrade 2 years ago to a new base unit, which dish did not charge me for the upgrade and it allows me to record 16 channels at once (plus an over the air channel so 17 recorders) and prime time TV for all 4 networks. It’s DaBomb. No one else has a dvr with that many recorders.

I left Direct many years ago because they refused to give me a break on new equipment when they were giving that equipment away for new customers. With dish the most I ever paid for an upgrade was 25 bucks when they came out with the DVR recievers and that because I wanted two of them (one for me, one for the wife). When I upgraded to the single 16 channel DVR my bill actually went down by 10 bucks due to having only 1 recorder vs. 2. Compare the prices between dish and direct. You may win on that “first year” but you will more than pay for it on the back end, and the 2 year contract per year coasts will be more than dish. I’ve done the math on that one more times than I care to admit and every time dish came out ahead. That’s why I’ve been with them for over 14 years.

Smarter than the average bear

Rick
    Keymaster

I ditched cable a year and a half ago. Spectrum jacked up my rate $40 and wouldn’t come down. I ditched spectrum for internet in January as they jacked up the water $30. I was able to get 1gb dinner for what they wanted me to pay. They suck.

I use PlayStation Vue for TV and century Link Fiber for internet.
    I use firetvs for access.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.