Difference between Russell Wilson vs Colin Kaepernick (and NFL open thread)

Home Forums All StateFansNation Difference between Russell Wilson vs Colin Kaepernick (and NFL open thread)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

I saw this earlier in the week and just could not omit it from the blog.
    [See the full post at: Difference between Russell Wilson vs Colin Kaepernick (and NFL open thread)]

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Class vs. Jackass.

Simple as that.

Wolfpack93
    Participant

I knew Russell wasn’t an arrogant douche without reading this blog. Seahawks/Broncos in the Superbowl. I’m glad to call Wilson and Rivers fellow alumni. Both are excellent role models on and off the field.

PoppaJohn
    Participant

Glad to see WPN is in the Seahawk camp!!!! Hopefully a catastrophic Saturday will be followed by the RW show on Sunday, and then our “young’uns” getting their act together and beating UMD Monday night.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Contrast the coaches as well … healthy dislike for each other.

In college, I pulled for Harbaugh and Stanford over Carroll and USC … of course, Carroll was a world-renowned cheater at USC.

One seems class clownish and jovial (Carroll), the other seems gruff and intense (Harbaugh) … They seem polar opposites and act as such.

In the pros I’m pulling for Carroll and the Seahawks … RW has more than a lot to do with that. Kaepernick may be a nice guy, but the glorification of his ‘I’m a 12 year-old’ shenanigans is more than enough reason to pull against him (for me).

Wufpacker
    Participant

For me, I think the coonskin cap bugs me the most….

Wulfpack
    Participant

Kap has those glazed Iverson eyes. And a few tats to go with it. But no crossover to go with it.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I do think Kaep gets more shit than he deserves. But he’s no class act like Wilson.

Ugh, not a good start for RW.

Adventuroo
    Participant

It is also really neat that we have THREE NCSU alum on the Seahawks…

Since Nancy Pelosi has gone bonkers on Kapawhatmacallhim’s Art Work and his “BIG” muscles, that pretty much says it all.

However, one thing that sticks out in my mind is the number of NFL Alums that were coached by TOB. I suppose there is a Data Base SOMEWHERE that lists that, but I think there are at least 5 or so QB’s and countless other positions.

Pity all that recruiting did not show On-Field results.

OMG….what is that around Jimmy Johnson’s neck….I think he chased down the “I have a VOICE now” Blue Smurfette, Mrs. Folt, and held down for the count and stole it…

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Is it just me or does anyone else think Jim Harbaugh WHINES more than any State Fan about the officiating….

Just take a pill Coach… and play the game.

edited….

AND Then he goes ballistic on that grounding no call / call against Russell…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wufpacker
    Participant

Hauschka is money.

One more Kaep screw up should seal it.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Hell of a lot of difference between Colon and Russell in the fourth quarter tonight….

While both appear to be feeling the pressure……Russell’s doing the better job of keeping his cool…

Two minutes to go…. Hawks up by Six… and playing stout defense.
    We shall see how this turns out.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

One more Kaep screw up should seal it.

Well, do you have any thoughts on numbers for the lottery?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Richard Sherman says “Good night to the Niners…in a entertaining variety of ways…”

and he and Russell, Sweezy and Hauschka are headed to the SUPER BOWL !!!

Somewhere in the foothills of central Virginia…. at least one old dinosaur is sitting on his couch, smiling to himself right now… as well he should.

Don’t you agree… Mr. Dog ??

Wufpacker
    Participant

Well, do you have any thoughts on numbers for the lottery?

Yeah….don’t give Richard Sherman the wrong numbers for it.

Dude might go homicidal over misleading him like that.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Four NCSU Alums going to the Superbowl….three on the Hawks and Nate Irving on the Broncs.

One UNC on Broncs.

Still wonder just HOW many NFL players TOB coached (as HC)…

GO Hawks. Need to throw the flag on the fans. They exceed the OSHA noise levels and ALMOST needed DOUBLE hearing protections (muffs and plugs).

That place MUST have been LOUD @ 108 dB….

MrPlywood
    Participant

Dang it, post didn’t post… edited redux.

Great game. Beast Mode, Wilson clutch 4th down TD, great D, Hauschka is money. Kaep 2 INTs, 11 for the season, 6 to SEA. Harbaugh simmer down man. Bowman’s cringe worthy injury. Botched fumble call. Karmic SEA fumble negating the refs mistake. Whew!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Put this in the category of miscellaneous useless statistics….

Kaepernick only thru 11 interceptions in 16 games this season….
    and the SeaHawks caught six of them.

If you’re a Niners fan…. thinking about this should keep you busy until August.

Tuffy2
    Participant

About 2 and a half years ago I told some of you on here that the team that did their homework come draft day would hit the lottery if they would pick Russell Wilson. I remember hearing all the reasons why he would not make it as an nfl QB.

When a player has that IT about them which Russell has, then you can take and throw the negative right out the window. He is a winner and a class act. Thank God I can say that I was fortunate to have seen him play for the Wolfpack. GO SEAHAWKS!

Did Sweezy play tonight? I did not see his jersy number at the right guard position. I might have missed him though.

Now it is on to New York and Peyton.

Has there ever been a QB in his second year to lead his team into a Super Bowl?

MrPlywood
    Participant

“Has there ever been a QB in his second year to lead his team into a Super Bowl?”

Kaepernick, right?

tjfoose1
    Participant

Is it just me or does anyone else think Jim Harbaugh WHINES more than any State Fan about the officiating….

He’s the Coach K of the NFL. His team never commits a penalty, yet if fouled every play.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Has there ever been a QB in his second year to lead his team into a Super Bowl?

My memory tells me there are at least 3 since I began following the NFL, besides Wilson, that is.

Marino
    Kaepernick
    Roethlisberger

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Yeah, I was one of the guys who was completely wrong about RW in the NFL, I thought his size would be a real problem but that was a complete whiff on my part.

GoldenChain
    Participant

Alpha I was right there with ya on RW. Glad I was wrong and glad he hasn’t shunned his NCSU roots after the wayTOB treated him.
    I didn’t mention this but during The Armed Forces Bowl there was a RW commercial that ran non-stop. Really played up the Wisconson thing.
    It dawned on me that this bowl was sponsored by UA (my biggest customer BTW)and I figured that Wisc is a UA school while we are Adidas and that was at least part of the reason.

graywolf
    Participant

Russell Wilson is a better person than he is a QB……that is a large statement!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.