Dennis Smith Commits

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Dennis Smith Commits

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Texpack
    Participant
    Pack78
    Participant

Great news-confirmed by the Wolfpacker:

The Wolfpacker ?@TheWolfpacker 7m 7 minutes ago

The verbal commitment of Dennis Smith Jr. continues NC State’s impressive run of five- and- four-star recruits.

Gott to get back in da choppah! Go Pack!

Prowling Woofie
    Participant

That’s awesome !

Welcome aboard, Dennis !!!

GO PACK

pakfanistan
    Participant

I feel like I remember someone saying relatively recently that Gott’s recruiting was falling off as of late.

Adventuroo
    Participant

HOLY and SACRED FECES!!!!

What a coup……this is Awesome.

I don’t know how many of you are V historians, but if you read or listened to his “Lifetime Contract” book, there is a LONG account of how he learned to recruit. The scenario about Smith is right out of that. V was after Jeff Ruland. Ruland was being heavily recruited by KY. V & company (assistants) attended every game and practice (V exaggeration?). He said that one time, Ruland’s HS coach had a bet that they would not show up as the Blizzard of 8X had every road shut down….but they did.

A KY Fat Cat (who provided KY with their planes) told Jimmy V that IF (laughing), he somehow managed to get Ruland, that he and his buddies would BUY Iona and move it to KY and consolidate it with KY….

Gott’s perseverance really paid off. Talk about a FIND. He is also (forgive this comparison) as Gung Ho as Ryan Harrow (Sp?) was in that he is calling the other guy and telling him to COME ON DOWN….

Gott’s reputation as a recruiter just moved up several levels….and ORW and Mikey are probably asking that question over their evening (probably much stronger than usual) adult beverage.

WAY TO GO!!!!

BTW….don’t know if this got posted, but Rob Moxley is BACK and is full time. Great to see him….but even greater that he appears to be recovered, fully, from his recent medical issues. Hope he is 100% and sure glad to welcome him back.

TheCOWDOG

@ Paki. Not just someone. At least 2, maybe 3.

Just remember this. Gott can’t coach D, and we all know how this is gonna end.

We have the stats to prove it. Jamie Luckie is just beyond the horizon, and…and…

Rick
    Keymaster

I feel like I remember someone saying relatively recently that Gott’s recruiting was falling off as of late.

How much rent do I owe you since I live in your head. You can’t even enjoy great news without obsessing about me. Lolololol

And this is great news. Hopefully he heals fully from the acl.

pakfanistan
    Participant

How much rent do I owe you since I live in your head. You can’t even enjoy great news without obsessing about me.

Did you say that? Because honest to god I wasn’t thinking about you.

I originally tried to post DSJr’s tweet on committing, but I couldn’t for some reason.

redisgood
    Participant

What fantastic news! Gott has landed some quality recruits, but this is his biggest one yet. And Bam is still to come. Huge recruiting breakthrough.

tractor57
    Participant

Good recruiting or bad recruiting is simply a moment away. So far Gott seems to be to the good – even without this news and this news is outstanding.

redisgood
    Participant

DSJ, Bam, Abu, Freeman, the Martin’s, Maverick, Dorn. That is a team I cannot wait to see.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Another good get for Gott. Welcome aboard, young man.

tjfoose1
    Participant

If Gott keeps this up, how soon before u*nc sends its media goons out to “get him”?

redcanine
    Participant

Well my goodness gracious let me tell ya the news,
    State is the school that Dennis choose,
    I’ve been down on bended knee
    Talking to the man named Jimmy V.
    He spoke to me with his voice so sweet,
    I thought I heard echoes from Hillsboro Street.
    He called my name and my heart stood still
    When he said “your basketball coach is for real”

You can run on for a long time
    But sooner or later Gott’ll cut em down
    Tell em that Gotts gonna cut em down! (The Nets!)

Fastback68
    Participant

Rush’s song Red Barchetta comes to mind with this commit. Gott is building a race car.

Texpack
    Participant

If Gott keeps this up, how soon before u*nc sends its media goons out to “get him”?

Just had that same thought.

This is big news, but hopefully not the last big news in recruiting this Fall for Gott. I would also direct your attention to the article below if this news has Gott you in the mood for basketball. I started getting excited last weekend when the kid showed me his Final Four Committee polo.

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/2015/9/10/9300033/acc-basketball-preview-2-nc-state

redcanine
    Participant

“The Menace”
    “Hopper”

Wufpacker
    Participant

Best news I’ve heard all week.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

.. damn… twelve months a year ya’ll want to sh$t on Rick…
    GOTT to give him a break…

Everybody knows* that the only reason we GOTT this kid is that he does have a torn ACL and Rat and Uncle Roy ain’t wasting a scholly on that…

Plus … the kid would have to sit and learn to play D at Dook or go to real classes at *NC… so …
    this is a no brainer…

———-

and Roo …
    before you start telling the Danny Manning recruiting story again and making other predictions of a V reincarnation…
    remember….

this time…
    the Holes ain’t in no position to call anybody else’s pot black…

as for Coach Rat … he doesn’t recruit North Carolina….

this could be Heavy Left from the opponent’s thirty yard line with 70 yards of daylight…

I guess… someone just needs to say aloud…

The Choppa is over the top….

:>}

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Gowolves
    Participant

.. damn… twelve months a year ya’ll want to sh$t on Rick…
    GOTT to give him a break…

Everybody knows* that the only reason we GOTT this kid is that he does have a torn ACL and Rat and Uncle Roy ain’t wasting a scholly on that..

Come on BoB, you know that’s not true. The Pack have been on this kid a long time. You have to be kidding, right?

Rick
    Keymaster

Go,
    I think he was kidding.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^^ just repeating what I heard from the Western end of the Triangle…

GO Pack!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    MrPlywood
    Participant

The ACL and the Adidas connection. There’s no other reason 😉

Pack78
    Participant

^Plus the $$$ from the Dental Foundation, no-work-degree, early agent connections, benefits from Tyler’s mom…oh wait…

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.