Dabo Cashes In at Clemson

Home Forums StateFans Football Dabo Cashes In at Clemson

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant

Clemson coach Dabo Swinney agreed Saturday to a new eight-year deal worth $27.15 million, keeping him with the Tigers through the 2021 season.

The Clemson University Board of Trustees Compensation Committee approved the terms Saturday morning. Swinney will make $3.15 million in 2014, up from the $2.2 million he earned this past season, will have more money available to pay his assistants and has a $5 million buyout if he decides to leave Clemson during the first three seasons of the deal.

Swinney has scheduled pay raises of $3.3 million in 2015 and $3.45 million starting in 2016. If Clemson wins the ACC championship in 2014, ’15 or ’16, his salary will jump to $3.5 million the following year. He has the opportunity to earn even more based on incentives, ranging from bowl appearances to a spot in the upcoming College Football Playoff.

StateFans
    Keymaster

Gotta give him credit for doing what he does. I don’t think many people have an exceptionally high opinion of his overall coaching ability, but he has been delivering for them.

Dabo was a fraternity brother of one my close friends at Alabama. I doubt he ever leaves for any school other than the Crimson Tide. That $5 million buyout is designed to at least compensate them if that situation arises any time soon.

Wulfpack
    Participant

His results speak for themself. He is a heck of a young coach. Still can’t beat USC. But other than that he has been on fire.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.