Da Apple Din't Fall Fer (e-nuff) From da Tree…

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Da Apple Din't Fall Fer (e-nuff) From da Tree…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

SMU Basketball Notified of allegations by NCAA…
    involving “academic issues”…

read more from E$pin here…

And Coach Larry Brown says…
    “He didn’t know nothing ’bout it… ”

Why is this news?
    Coach Brown, you remember, learned from the Master.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Gowolves
    Participant

Bill, I saw this as well and was going to start a thread. This is exactly from the files of the UN* scandel. Create a totally bogus academic support system and then claim I know nothing. Sgt. Schultz at your service!

MrPlywood
    Participant

I don’t know what you guys are talking about. Wayne Walden said that he had no “secret knowledge” about the fake classes… that’s good enough for me.

http://northcarolina.scout.com/story/1501251-walden-responds?s=78

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Ply… how do have “secret” knowledge of something that won’t a “secret” to begin with???

Now ya’ll get up with ‘Roo and OT13 … there the only two guys who I know here at SFN who were “there”… back in 1961 when this whole thing was started…

Either that or hook up with Doug Moe…

When the “Master” arrove in Chapel Hill…

LB and Moe were “waiting for him”…

and as old Paul Harvey used to say…

…”The Rest Is History!”

It’s been a true ‘love-hate’ relationship but in the end…
    Nobody wanted to “out master” the Master MORE than Larry Brown… certainly not Uncle Roy…

Everybody knows Larry’s feelings were hurt when he didn’t even get an interview when Gutheridge retired…

And it wouldn’t surprise me if old Larry, when he does comment… says something to the effect of…

“I learnt all this in Chapel Hill”

or more innocuously…

“Why ya’ll (the NCAA) bothering us (SMU)… you’re talking about one or two students and one or two seasons — that’s nothing compared to what’s been going on up in Chapel Hill since I graduated… ”

Larry’s past 70 and what does he have to lose?
    What are “they” going to Larry… Fire him?

It’s not like that would be the first time… You know…

Oh ‘ROO… where forth art thou… brother ‘ROO ??
    Put on your white shirt and tie and tell us all about it.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Not wearing a shirt and tie….been working on the Bodie Plantation…

I was a mere lad getting his driver’s license and trying to get frisky with my GF at drive-in movies….in 1961.

BUT, being a student of history….retired and having time to do research….here is what I know….

In 1970, the U of Kansas put in their AFAM Department. What a wonderful curriculum for diversity. Now, what was that guy’s name that coached UK from 1983 – 1988? That’s right. Larry Brown….yes, that SMU present day coach. So Coach Brown CERTAINLY did understand about AFAM and how it enhanced his career. HMMM….didn’t he win a national championship there….YES…1988…a wonderful, wonderful year.

How did AFAM get to UNC….why good old DEAN visited KU and saw the advantages of AFAM. SO, in 1993, he colluded with AD Swofford and they got AFAM started….all in the name of diversity….of course.

THAT is the history…..and you really have to do a LOT of digging. KU flaunts their department….with a complete history of how it dates back to 1970. Look at the UNC AFAM site…..NADA….sort of like one day, the Academic Gods….dressed in their flowing light blue robes, they put in AFAM. BINGO….every coach has benefited from it.

Not that Larry would use such to his benefit….

MrPlywood
    Participant

Ply… how do have “secret” knowledge of something that won’t a “secret” to begin with???

You got it Bill, that’s exactly what I thought. That bunch is playing with semantics. I just wish someone would crack!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

‘Roo … you best set your mind to “working” then..
    … tugaloo down broadway and back up a bit ….

I was sure you had some juicy, insidethegym, memories of the turbulent years when Larry Brown played for Coach Smith …

StateFans
    Keymaster

Preach it, preach it, preach it!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

bttt…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.