Crunch Time in the ACC….

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Crunch Time in the ACC….

Viewing 16 posts - 101 through 116 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    MrPlywood
    Participant

State gets the winner of BC/GT, with Clemson waiting for the winner of that game. Win 2 and State probably plays VA in the semis. I like the draw. And, it’s refreshing to get the first round bye and have an NCAA bid locked up.

Fastback68
    Participant

Yes, I totally agree. Let the blues kill each other in game 2 after State beats the hoos.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

DOOK ROLLS ‘EM…
    AS THE HOLES CHOKE…

Holes outscored 45 – 22 the last 16 minutes of the game…

Couldn’t happen to nicer people….

—————–

SO! Keatts and his motley crew finish TIED FOR THIRD in the ACC….
    Not too bad for their first season together…

With the TieBreakers…
    PACK gets the 5th seed in the Upper Division…

Game 1 — Wednesday 2:00pm against the winner — Syracuse v. Wake Forest at 12 Noon Tuesday…

After we win that one, IF there’s no upsets…
    we’ll face Clempsom at 2pm Friday…
    then the ‘hoos… in the Semi-Final Game at 7pm Friday…

Gentlemen, mark your calendars accordingly…

As far as I’m concerned… after Wednesday…
    It’s all PAYBACK with House Money, including a trip to the Big Dance!

Like I said, couldn’t happen to nicer people…
    GO PACK!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    MrPlywood
    Participant

BoB, we get the winner of GT/BC…

Wolfanatic
    Participant

We kind of owe Ga Tech a good kick in the nads, don’t we?

McCallum
    Participant

BotB needs to up his geritol.

Had Venezuelan food last night. Must have been the last bites left in the country because they are trying to exit me as well.

McCallum

Wulfpack
    Participant

Great regular season. Projected 9 seed. Take care of BC/GT winner and then let’s get the Tiggers at 2 on Thursday. Win and we get UVa in the semis. Huge opportunity there to jockey for tourney position.

packalum44
    Participant

Very frustrating to be projected as an 8/9 in the dance. Our resume is on par with UNC, who is projected as a 2 seed. WTF? RPI is a decent metric but the fact that it DRIVES seeding is abhorrent. I believe the committee will view the resumes without the name, so as to reduce bias, but the RPI is still glaringly different because UNC has one less loss and played a tougher OOC? Not just UNC but other teams have top 25 RPIs with comparable resumes. That’s unfortunate. Per the eye test – we are not quite as good as UNC but we are not 6 seeds lower either. No way we want an 8/9 seed. The worst possible seed! Higher or lower is better!! We need to play our way into a 6 seed. Win two games at the tournament and a 6 seed is reasonable.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Ehh it doesn’t bother me. There isn’t a 1 seed that scares me outside of UVa, and that would never happen. So bring on whomever it is.

Texpack
    Participant

Ehh it doesn’t bother me. There isn’t a 1 seed that scares me outside of UVa, and that would never happen. So bring on whomever it is.

Sign me up for the 8/9 game opposite Xavier. I’ll take that all day long.

We are talking about seeding, and not for the NIT, with this team. Stop for a minute and let that sink in. Then give a little fist bump to the Basketball gods. Remarkable team. Outstanding regular season. Get ready for Wednesday.

Fastback68
    Participant

Whoever the #1 seed is in the bracket, I hope they are ranked #2 in the national poll. #GiantSlayers. Who does #2 work for??

Greywolf
    Participant

BotB needs to up his geritol.

Geritol? Who said geritol? Whose got an extra shot of geritol?

rthomas44
    Participant

No complaints..State is in the dance! Keatts is the man! Now we get to see what kind of tournament coach he is.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

For whom did Geri toil ???

GO PACK!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    freshmanin83
    Participant

Ask not for whom the Geri toils, the Geri toils for thee.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Lunardi currently has us as a 9 seed against TAMU in Pittsburgh. Winner gets top seeded Nova.

Viewing 16 posts - 101 through 116 (of 116 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.