Could this be the night KY goes down?

Home Forums All StateFansNation Could this be the night KY goes down?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

KY has had only a couple close scares this year, and those most likely were when they were looking ahead or too relaxed. I think tonight is as good of a night as any:
    1. WVU plays rough and dirty – that type of game can throw a team off their rhythm
    2. WVU fouls on every play – if the zebras swallow their whistles (as they seem to) this also will throw KY off their game
    3. KY actually turns the ball over frequently and the WVU press forces TO’s
    4. Not likely Calislimi allows them to overlook anyone, but if there is a team left to take for granted it may be WVU.

Do I think WVU will win? No. Do I think they have a chance? As good as any team left. I really dont like WVU and Huggins but I would really like to see KY go down.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

I’m strongly doubting it.

I still remember what the athletes from LSU did to West Virginia in Morgantown. Kentucky has like 55 of those guys.

It’s possible, of course … but I just don’t see this like a lot of folks seem to.

I’ve been very critical of West Virginia this season. This doesn’t mean I think poorly of Huggins as a coach – he’s more than proved his mettle. It’s just that he’s put together a team that can only win if refs literally swallow their whistles. I will never consider that basketball. Full court bumping, clutching, and hacking is not a skill of any sort on a basketball court.

They’re doing what they need to in order to win – so good for them I guess … but I can’t stand the sight of it.

Mike
    Participant

Agreed it is UGLY the way they play and I remember well the beating we took when the refs would not blow the whistles. And watching them rough up MD (dont even wish that on MD) was a joke. If I had to place a wager on the game, I take KY every time but just hoping maybe they can throw them off their game and get in their heads a bit.

44rules
    Participant

I simply hate West Virginia basketball even more than Virginia. IF I want to see men grab and clutch and pound each other, I’ll watch … rasslin’. And I hate rasslin’.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

BJD95
    Keymaster

Huggy Bear and his charges will have NO FEAR, and that’s the most important facet. It’s not likely, but certainly possible. WVU has more offensive skill than you’d think. They ran State ragged, Maryland too.

Mike
    Participant

OK, so the zebras call it tight and no chance. Actually glad they are calling it the way a game should be called but this is one I want both teams to lose.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Mike… only if you are asking about the Kentucky cheerleaders…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    WTNY
    Participant

Could this be the night KY goes down?

No, nope, nyet, negative, negatory.

That was complete domination. Kentucky’s 1st half total was more than WVU’s for the entire game: 44-39.

StateFans
    Keymaster

I honestly thought WVU had a great chance last night.

I told my buddy from Kentucky that it all hinged on officiating — if the game was officiated like our game with WVU was officiated then they had a great chance. Unfortunately for the Mountaineers, the refs were having no part of that physical stuff. Never had a chance.

Mike
    Participant

Same here StateFans, the whole reason I started the thread. Someone at CBS and NCAA must have called the zebras and told them to call it tight. 4 fouls in the first 3 minutes, including 2 on their best player in that time frame………..sound familiar?

Wulfpack
    Participant

I didn’t think WVU would do it – can’t shoot it. Gotta be able to go over the top against UK. Notre Dame is going to keep it very close and will present a scare. The Irish really are solid.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.