Coaching 101 – Put a Round Peg in a Hole…

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Coaching 101 – Put a Round Peg in a Hole…

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    TheCOWDOG

Actually, the 1-2-2 leaves virtually nothing in the middle. What is required is an athletic #1, and it doesn’t mean it’s your point guard. It means the most athletic.

1-2-2 and its Match-Up is symbiotic motion. Maybe I can find a film to post when I get a chance.

Ha.Film.There’s that peach basket talking.
    😉

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^I can see that when your in a 1-2-2 Zone on Defense against a set half court play…
    and the way these guys play today… you got a lot of 6’7″ – 6’9″ guys who are quick enough to mess with a 3 pt shot from the corner…

…back when you and I played… a 6’7″ guy never left the paint on Defense… unless he was headed to the bench…
    I played a lot of low post center in the 2-3 zone at 6’4″ even though at the time I preferred less contact and more space on the wings…

But when you’re running a full or 3/4 Press in the 1-2-2… that’s where I was kinda seeing the potential for “the big hole in the middle of the court”… idk…

That athletic #1 guy in your Pop’s 1-2-2 is the same guy who running the baseline from corner to corner in the 1-3-1.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Zaphod
    Participant

Don’t see a link to it, so…speaking of Coaching. MG Interview

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.