Chris Washburn: Drafted by Drugs

Home Forums All StateFansNation Chris Washburn: Drafted by Drugs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BassPacker
    Participant

Would have been interesting to have gone into what Washburn is doing now. Good to know he is 15 yrs drug free. Just a talented young man, seems like yesterday he was at State.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:16451658

Chris Washburn Drafted by Drugs

44rules
    Participant

Nice. Thanks for this. Oh the possibilities. I remember seeing him around campus. Seemed like a nice guy, but he wasn’t in any of my classes. Hope he’s doing OK.

I heard years ago he had a restaurant in Hickory or somewhere but it closed down.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

Wufpacker
    Participant

^ Ditto all. Last I heard, his chicken joint had gone under. Still tho, nice to see him reaching out and trying to make a difference with youths as far as keeping them from following in his own footsteps. That being said, he sure sweats a lot for a guy who ain’t on the “junk” no mo’. Just saying.

Chris entered NCSU the same time I did. I remember sitting on the sidewalk in front of Reynold’s (camping out for bball tix) and seeing him walking towards me. “Why is Chris Washburn walking towards me?”, was my only thought. Then I noticed who he was walking with….my badass roommate. We became pretty close acquaintances for a while.

Though I wouldn’t go so far as to say friends necessarily. Dude never did share his stash.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.