Chatham Journal: "The Carol Folt playbook"

Home Forums All StateFansNation Chatham Journal: "The Carol Folt playbook"

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sea Wolf
    Participant

“Here’s how it works: first the administration ignores the problem; then it denies that the problem even exists, a denial that is wrapped in laudatory remarks about the institution; and then a full-on offensive aims to discredit and punish the whistleblower. Finally, some type of large endeavor is announced with the goal of taking the school’s focus off the entire subject.”

“In crises like the current one, Folt spends her time and effort on window-dressing, and she makes sure that anyone complaining about a problem is hit so hard that the person complaining, and all future whistleblowers, too, think twice about bringing problems to light. It’s happening again.”

http://www.chathamjournal.com/weekly/opinion/myopinion/carol-folt-playbook-140121.shtml

Wulfpack
    Participant

Carol “Fault” lmao. NCAA still turning a blind eye. Amazing.

tjfoose1
    Participant

…people at Dartmouth recognize that Chancellor Carol Folt is working from her usual playbook. Rather than facing serious revelations head on, she is yet again just running a PR damage control effort.

That explains it. She was the perfect hire.

Though Carol Folt has a glittering resumé of positions held at Dartmouth, actual achievement over the decades has been utterly lacking.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Sorry for spamming this, but the shoe fits …

lush
    Participant
    MrPlywood
    Participant

Hopefully that information will be released and there will be an explanation about uNX’s wonder boy pitcher Hobbs Johnson, who was flunking out yet somehow received 4 As in summer school, saving his career. I recently stumbled on an article that reminded me of that little bit of educational resurrection. I’m sure it’s all on the up and up though…

StateFans
    Keymaster

Good for Chatham Journal for running the editorial. Something that you wouldn’t see back in the day.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.