Cat Barber to explore NBA Options

Home Forums All StateFansNation Cat Barber to explore NBA Options

Viewing 12 posts - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Tau837
    Participant

As I posted earlier, the 2017 draft is expected to be quite a bit stronger than the 2016 draft. A couple of data points from nbadraft.net:

– They project 12 current college freshmen and 9 current college upperclassmen to go in the first round of the 2016 draft.
    – They project 16 current high school seniors and 0 current college upperclassmen to go in the first round of the 2017 draft.

Cat could easily lose draft position if he comes back for another year. I hope he comes back, but I don’t think he should.

Whatever team drafts him will be drafting him largely on potential, and he will add 10-15 pounds and improve his jump shot a lot faster in a professional setting than he will with another year in college.

freshmanin83
    Participant

Is he on pace to get his degree? Come back and keep all your options open.

TheCOWDOG

Going in the second round is akin to the 7th round in the NFL. You are better off as a free agent.

THAT does not change were he to return. As I said before, the relaxed rules will arm him with enough info. Maybe he is a 1st rounder, maybe not. He’ll know this Spring if he is.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Whatever team drafts him will be drafting him largely on potential, and he will add 10-15 pounds and improve his jump shot a lot faster in a professional setting than he will with another year in college.

I don’t know that Cat CAN gain 15lb. I mean, he CAN, but I don’t know that it would be a helpful 15lb.

marinewolf
    Participant

13ot– do not understand why people have to always downgrade the Pack(if you really are a Pack fan) I been going to games
    for 30 years Football and Basketball, I can say I have never regretted attending a game, a little disappointed at time, the great moments outweigh any negatives-the saddest times were the Sendek years and Tom Reed,a saturday afternoon at Carter-Finley nothin finer, Reynolds was super-I choose to live on the positive side-Gott has done incredible -4 out 5 NCAA’s 2 sweet 16’s. This was a down year but their are a lot of teams that would love to have our last 5 years.

66pack
    Participant

Cat should go. Playing another year for this awful program is not going to help him and there is the chance he could be injured.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I don’t know that Cat CAN gain 15lb. I mean, he CAN, but I don’t know that it would be a helpful 15lb.

I got you covered, buddy.
    -BJ Anya

ryebread
    Participant

Going through the evaluation to get as much information as possible is a very wise move. It gives one true pro feedback and leaves the doors open. It’s the right decision to make at this point.

I tend to think that Cat’s gone regardless of his draft position. I would love to be pleasantly surprised.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

If I was a Cat instead of a Dog…

3 votes for ACC POY and a degree would be enough for me to come back…

———————————

We’re all pretty sure Anthony’s family didn’t go hungry this year… aren’t we?
    which makes that argument moot….

———————————

Someway between dinosaur days and today, some parents and a lot of kids appear to forgotten that perhaps the most important “lesson” here to finish what you start….

but then I spent 20 years in and around the construction business, too…
    you get paid to finish jobs, not start them…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    pakfanistan
    Participant

I got you covered, buddy.
    -BJ Anya

No doubt he could give him some pointers on gaining weight, but I know that method won’t be quality weight.

Pack1998
    Participant

He should stay. The NBA is so exact in its skills assessment, I just don’t think his pure scoring ability will be enough to warrant first round. He is maybe late second round which has no promise of contract.

He is ultra quick, but not a vertical leaper like some other guys his size. His assist total is low, which may be a function of this team but even last year he was not a pass pure guy. He is not an ace from 3 either. He would benefit getting his final year, and showing these things. He would likely spend next year in the D league, which is better than most, and he certainly can make a roster long term, but if he leads a top 25 team at State next year he could move up to Rd 1 and promised money. NBA draft is entirely different movie than it was even 5 years ago.

redisgood
    Participant

Further to Tau837’s point, the 1st round of the 2017 draft is projected to include 10 point guards (including our own Dennis Smith Jr), while the 2016 draft has only 4. This is a lean year for point guards in the draft, and I think the demand will be high.

Viewing 12 posts - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.