Carolina Way: “ignoring unethical & immoral activities until forced to respond by the media”

Home Forums All StateFansNation Carolina Way: “ignoring unethical & immoral activities until forced to respond by the media”

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

Yet another scandal It has been several months since the last University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill sports scandal (of course, school was out fo
    [See the full post at: Carolina Way: “ignoring unethical & immoral activities until forced to respond by the media”]

TheCOWDOG

To add to the absurdity, I noticed in the game line that darned RSF Walk – On got some sort of actual playing time.

Peeps, I don’t care what kinda blow-out ya got goin on,that just doesn’t happen. Not unless it’s a matter of necessity, or the tail end of the season.

Well…it sure wasn’t the tail end of the season.

Greywolf
    Participant

I know it’s politically incorrect to mention this but what would be the reaction if 15 or 20 (or even 4) white boys beat a black student unconscious?

Williams said in the paper regarding Fedora keeping the QB starter from the media until the last minute, “Coach likes to keep things under cover.” What a effing surprise.

Wufpacker
    Participant

^^ Are you implying that PT is being doled out in order to appease? If so, it seems like a sketchy precedent to set if, as we’ve been told, there’s nothing to see here.

john of sparta
    Participant

three things:
    1. cowdog…X number of A-A’s did X to a not-AA. not news. dog bites man.
    2. 28% of SFN subject posts are UNX-hate. not even Dook or EZU combined.
    3. Doeren is Done. it’s the AA thing which is not news.

13OT
    Participant

Is it BMFD or GDMF?

TheCOWDOG

I’m not implying, Wuf. I’m stating.

It just doesn’t happen. No way, no how.

redcanine
    Participant

So they really did beat the hell outta this kid? Penalty: forced to watch “Remember the Titans” and “We Are Marshall”. The positive in all this is that the team is awarded 3 credit hours for American Film History.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I’m not implying, Wuf. I’m stating.

It just doesn’t happen. No way, no how.

Impending scholly? Or is that a bridge too far even in return for a sixteen on one (if you believe the fam) beatdown?

Methinks the hat might be in a corner with paint on his hands.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

RSF ??

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    WTNY
    Participant

To TheCowDog’s point:

UNC / Liberty: Stories that didn’t make the story

During the game on Saturday night, Boyer seemed engaged on the sideline. Teammates talked to him. He participated in meetings with the rest of UNC’s receivers. He participated in the big huddles with the rest of the offense before UNC started a drive. Then, in fourth quarter, he played for the first time.

Good grief. Such an obvious kiss-and-makeup effort. I predict it works and the latest scandal will fit under that ever growing rug.

golf76
    Participant

“Fedora was the coach brought in to set the program back on a proper course after the scandal-ridden Butch Davis era—does anybody else see a potential problem here?”

Was there ever any hope that Fedora would “set things straight” when he bought his first football team rings for ACC championship when they were ineligible for that season?

Wolfgarden
    Participant

Orange County U has always hid behind the orange county way. It is whatever they choose it to be or spin it to be…physical contact in an abusive way, in a way to injure, as or if it/did happen, on any team and in any walk of life then punishment is warranted if all is true. In the football case out for the season I say!!! Here, here!!!

WhoCares
    Participant

This really isn’t a story, guys. This is no different from when other teams handle a violation of team policies internally and no one outside of the team knows what policies were violated. Give it a rest, fellas.

Wufpacker
    Participant

This really isn’t a story, guys. This is no different from when other teams handle a violation of team policies internally and no one outside of the team knows what policies were violated. Give it a rest, fellas.

But, but, but….there’s a link and everything.

WhoCares
    Participant

The difference here is that Carolina has been screwing up so much recently that the media deems this crap newsworthy and tries to make a buck. Some kids got in a fight after one kid felt getting cold water dumped on him was worth fighting for.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Actually, the kids getting into the fight is not what has been deemed newsworthy. But you’re on the right track with “Carolina has been screwing up so much lately”.

WhoCares
    Participant

Seriously dude. It’s Pack fans like yourself that give us all a bad rap.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

WhoCares is right. This is just a typical beating of a teammate until he’s unconscious. I’d bet cold hard confederate cash that this happens on most teams. The NCAA barely cares about concussions that happen on the field; there’s certainly nothing in their laws about off-the-field concussion-induced thrashings, so if it ain’t in the Good (NCAA) Book, as far as I’m concerned, it’s case closed. The kid-turned-punching-bag didn’t seem to hold any ill will when he was being treated like one of the gang on Saturday and he’s been on both sides of the gang, so he must know from experience. True it was a little crooked, but that smile seemed to exude, “Everything is in the past; water under the bri…wait, what were we talking about again?” Let’s all collectively forgive and forget as Mr. Boyer would no doubt tell you he has done. He’s gone so far to forget that he can barely remember what he had for breakfast. It’s just kids being kids. After all, if you can’t experience with group bludgeoning in college, the land of experimentation, then where can you? WhoCares indeed.

Wufpacker
    Participant

^^ Ouch, now you’ve really hurt my feelings. You don’t even know me….seriously dude.

And you’re making presumptions about what you THINK I’m probably like based upon the fact that you think you disagree with me, mostly because you failed to see the humor in what I posted. That being said, I’m certain you wouldn’t like me, because I happen to have a sense of humor.

But, seriously dude….if you don’t see why this situation is different from the run of the mill “players got into a scrap over a girl” story, then you’re either willfully ignorant, or a sheep in wolves clothing. I suppose that might be redundant.

And since you’re new here (love the “WhoCares” handle btw…I’m sure you didn’t register just to reply to this topic or anything), if you really are an NCSU fan and plan to stay, questioning the fanhood of others is a good way to get a quick hook on these boards.

I’m now bored with you.

ncsu1987
    Participant

bored now

^similarly frightening…

tjfoose1
    Participant

The forums seem to have suffered a recent rash of hemorrhoids. Since WhoCares hasn’t been back for a while, I’m starting to worry about him. Hope he didn’t bump into the business end of a Preparation H tube.

pakfanistan
    Participant

A rash and hemorrhoids…..we need to start eating more fiber and stop rubbing up on strippers.

highstick
    Participant

bored now

^similarly frightening…

You don’t screw with Buffy’s witch! She’ll send you to the “worst part of hell”!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

highstick
    Participant

He was challenged by “Who Gives a Rat’s Ass” and disappeared!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.