Call me a worrywart but..

Home Forums All StateFansNation Call me a worrywart but..

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

This thread is fVcking creepy. I hope you nastys aren’t raising sons because if they happen to unwantingly touch my daughter no matter what she’s wearing or how slight the touch they’re going in the dirt. Disgusting.

tractor57
    Participant

If in fact there was some sort of unwanted sexual contact I think that is wrong – period. How wrong depends on the nature of the contact. Obviously there was a party of some sort, illegal substances consumed all on university property. If added to that there is evidence of sexual misconduct then it is time for the legal system. As far as I’m concerned (for now) the incident has been handled properly by the university and if there is more I would hope the university would not try to derail an investigation. My oldest granddaughter is considering her choices for furthering her education and State is one of the choices. If she chooses to attend State she should do with the knowledge the university and the legal system will be there if needed but until we know more we are not in a position to judge.

13OT
    Participant

The red flag for me is that all 5 of these players are (were) freshmen. You just got here, you haven’t played a single down of college football yet. You’re trying to make a good impression. School just started. Shouldn’t you be in the dorm studying, or dozens of other places, instead of being at an on-campus party where you had to know there was alcohol and marijuana? And if you didn’t know that, you probably aren’t smart enough to play football at this level in the first place.

In this PC world of “He said, she said”, what she said will probably carry more weight. These players may be considered by school administrators, and not necessarily by the coaching staff, to be guilty until proven innocent.

It’s shaping up to be an interesting season, and it hasn’t even started yet.

44rules
    Participant

Uggggh. If everybody who went to school and attended a party where weed and underage alcohol were available – or even imbibed in it themselves – were suspended or chucked out, there wouldn’t be enough students to field a football team, much less keep a university running. Unless it was more than weed or booze, give them a slap on the wrist.

That said, if there was untoward sexual harassment/contact/assault/whatever (or any violent illegal behavior), that’s when you put the hammer down.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

tractor57
    Participant

Except for two issues – on University property and probably way against the expectations set out by the coaching staff. Of those and sexual issues I know which is more important but I suspect there is a code of conduct for the football team.

highstick
    Participant

When I was a freshman at State, after modeling in Milan for 10 months, the 14 girls on campus tried to grope me all the time.

McCallum

I was afraid those girls would whip a slide rule off their hip and beat me to death with it if I tried a little friendly groping. Besides I never got drunk enough to think one was worth it. (Please put on a burka. You’re scaring the cows to death.)

Greywolf, quit talking about the Female Pershing Rifles and Angel Flight that way!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

McCallum
    Participant

Life ain’t nothin but bytches and $.

McCallum

NCSU88
    Participant

No charges for sexual assault. Title IX investigation ongoing. http://www.wral.com/wake-da-no-sex-assault-charges-against-ncsu-players/16950747/

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.