Butch Davis would be interested in return to Hurricanes

Home Forums StateFans Football Butch Davis would be interested in return to Hurricanes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

I bet he would!!! This guy is a NON-STOP marketing machine trying to get back into the business.

I would feel sorry for the guy after he inadvertently stepped into the Carolina Cheating Machine… But he was clearly willing to go along with it and hasn’t once really stepped up and told the whole truth about what was going on there. Personally, I think his best chance of not being toxic in the future is to just spill all of the beans and blow the lid off of UNC. That would show that he truly cared about doing things the right way. EVERYBODY in the business knows that he isn’t being totally honest and it is going to cost him forever.

Additionally, I think it is absolutely awful that this guy would comment on a job that is not open. What a dick.

Link

Butch Davis would welcome an opportunity to return as coach at Miami, a position he still considers a “top-notch job.”

The former Hurricanes coach made a Monday morning appearance on the Joe Rose Show on CBS Radio in Miami, where he was asked about making a return to the program he helped build into a perennial power in the 1990s.

“If it ever came open and people thought that I’d be the right choice, I certainly would be interested because we’ve always loved South Florida,” Davis said. “I still live there.”

Davis was 51-20 in six seasons as coach of the Hurricanes from 1995-2000.

Of course, the job is not open. It’s been Al Golden’s since 2011. And Davis’ name has taken a hit in recent years in the fallout from the academic scandal that has rocked North Carolina. The scandal is rooted in Davis’ tenure with the Tar Heels from 2007-10, during which the program went 28-23 (16 wins from the 2008 and 2009 seasons were later vacated by the NCAA as a result).

When asked about the scandal, Davis insisted his name has been cleared through “eight separate independent internal and external investigations.”

“I think this thing has been investigated maybe more than the assassination of President Kennedy,” he told the station. “Through all eight of these investigations, they’ve never drawn any association. I’ve never been named in any of these and then the NCAA, I received a letter from them stating that I was completely exonerated from any of the stuff.”

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… hmmm …

I totally get the part about why we don’t like BMFD… although we did kick his Team’s A%%es consistently…

BUT…

fellas… this is down in Miami…
    Do I need to explain… that things like honesty, integrity, etc… are not ‘selling points’ with respect to athletics in Dade County ?

In fact, the truth is quite the contrary…

If that job EVER came open… BMFD would be Number One on the ‘Canes very short list.
    It’s South Florida guys… not Faison…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    packbackr04
    Participant

I keep seeing him on ESPN and I keep wandering how they could let someone who was associated/involved with such a scandal still comment on college football. The I started thinking about black helicopters and wondered if Skipper got a call from the Hill and was asked to pay Butch as a commentator to keep his mouth shut regarding what he knows about CH.

JasonP
    Participant

Yeah, that’s a classless comment by Butch.

Imagine what Golden thinks after hearing something like this. Could end up being a big time motivator for bolting that program if the Canes have a good 2015 season. Could see programs like WV, Illinois, or even post-London UVA as landing spots. He’s a good coach, I just don’t think Miami is the place for him.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.