Budweiser marketing non-sense

Home Forums All StateFansNation Budweiser marketing non-sense

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    choppack1
    Participant

I am a bud light fan myself. It’s my grilling / starter / tailgating beer / golfing beer.

I like good beers. But you can’t consume as many of those without adverse consequences as you can your domestic light beer.

McCallum
    Participant

Miller Lite has the old bottle out.

I predict that Old Milwaukee will reach for the old ads with the low country boil footage. As a kid just seeing that food go across the table made me, a boy of 8 years, want to crack open a cold, refreshing Old Milwaukee.

McCallum

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I like good beers. But you can’t consume as many of those without adverse consequences as you can your domestic light beer.

Yes… that’s right… a good man knows how to pace himself for the distance….

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Anybody done any “Beer Math” lately ???

Beer Math works like this…

Ya’ll know back in the day, when you went in the store, you had two choices three times….

1. domestic ( Budweiser, Schlitz, Pabst, Miller ) || foreign ( Guinness || Heineken ) … I’m sure I left out a few no names, but I’ve 95% of the market covered here..

2. size == short || and tallboys…

3. quantity == 6-pack || case…

These days the choices have exploded, but what got my attention was this…
    When was the last time you saw a domestic sixpack of any brand in a Grocery Store??

So I got looking around… and thinking ’bout this…

Figured it out too…
    1. Domestic beer is high volume, low cost production with high fixed costs — and inexpensive to the market…
    2. Packaging – the process is largely fixed costs and the containers is a variable unit cost…

So one day, this really smart guy walks into the room and says…
    “Hey guys, we’re looking at this all wrong….
    We’re not in the “making beer” business; we’re in the “packaging of beer” business!
    So here’s what we do…

if ( “beer costs” > “packaging costs” ) { we do this; }
    else if { “beer costs” <= “packaging costs” ) { we don’t do this; }

THEN… we figure out how to take people’s money….

SO… if ya’ll look at the cooler…
    Today you’ll see…

It don’t matter who you are or how much beer money you’ve got in your pocket…
    There’s something for in the cooler for you from $2.00 to < $20…

Of course, the more you spend, the more you get…
    but the way to save money on your ‘everyday’ beer is buy more bigger sizes…

I’m waiting for ’em to stock cases of 24/25s…

Now there are some potential problems with this for “the man who knows how to pace himself”…

That’s really pretty simple to fix…
    My studies show … ‘beer men’ drink fewer total ounces of big sizes than small sizes… and that not altogether bad….but the ‘problem’ occasionally arises when it’s last call and you really don’t what a big beer, just a small one to finish off the celebration from that night WOLFPACK victory…

The solution to that is a blended cost approach that works like this… keep 75% – 80% of your cooler in big sizes, the rest in small sizes…

AND on nights there’s no Ballgame… establish a ‘Big Beers’ before dinner && ‘little beers’ after dinner rule… and go to bed earlier…

thus stretching those Beer Bucks to the limit!

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.