Bucs Looking To Draft QB

Home Forums StateFans Football Bucs Looking To Draft QB

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant

“I know enough about that draft to know, yeah, there’s someone that would be worthy of the seventh pick because everything is on the board right now,” Smith said at the scouting combine in Indianapolis. “Whenever you have a chance to get a franchise quarterback, you have to consider that.”

Translation: Lovie doesn’t see Glennon as a franchise QB.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=10489298

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

That’s okay, someone else will after his performance this year.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Glennon to Seattle ….

karma…

you heard it here first….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wulfpack
    Participant

He had a very good year. Do I think he is a franchise QB? I really am not so sure. That is a very high bar. For example, the Panthers are currently deciding if they want to make Cam Newton a franchise QB. Cam had a phenomenal record breaking first year, a very poor second year, and a very strong third year, leading the Panthers to a Division title and playoff appearance. It’s a tough decision that has significant ramifications for the future of any franchise. Is there enough on Glennon to really know?

FergusWolf
    Participant

I think if you are TB Management/Head Coach, and you have an opportunity to go after a big-time talent, then you go after it.

At a minimum, you have 2 potential franchise quarterback, so if either of them work out, you are good, if BOTH of them work out, you have excellent trade bait.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Lovie, OC Jeff Tedford, and QB Coach Marcus Arroyo have all given Glennon high praise in the TB Times for his play last year… It’s possible that Lovie is fishing because a QB will be there at no.7, and if they have no intent of drafting one, then a trade might be worked out..Or perhaps that’s my wishful thinking…

Gowolves
    Participant

Wulfpack, Newton had pretty good second year. Look at his stats almost the same as the first. Now the team continued to suck but he was playing well.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Glennon will not be a Seahawk, not even a possibility, unless/until they have a fire sale and break up the team.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Cam Newton will never be a starting QB for a Super Bowl champion.

Not even in a Brad Johnson/Trent Folder type role.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Good stats <> playing well.

tjfoose1
    Participant

^^ Trent Dilfer

BJD95
    Keymaster

I don’t love this QB draft class, contrary to popular wisdom. Think it’s littered with busts, and I would avoid that minefield if I could.

Now, if one wants to spend a later pick on a guy like Georgia’s Aaron Murray? THAT makes sense.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Cam himself said he needed to play better following year 2. Gettleman came in and essentially echoed the same. It wasn’t that is was an awful year, but he gave a couple games away and struggled with the leadership aspect. He’s put those doubts to rest following this season, and he will be the franchise QB going forward. He is a supreme talent and has shown immense growth this year.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.