Boeheim to retire in three years

Home Forums All StateFansNation Boeheim to retire in three years

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    foz
    Participant

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/syracuse-coach-jim-boeheim-to-retire-in-3-years-ad-out/14522718/

The AD is out as well. If this is related to the sanctions, wonder why three years out?

Texpack
    Participant

I felt like he would stay long enough to try to get the wins reinstated. The Wall Street Journal article quoted the Syracuse Chancellor as saying that Bayhime “informed me of his plans to retire.” I think he wants to stay long enough all of the kids he has recruited to date and not have recruiting suffer from the uncertainty of his departure date.

This also makes it so people can’t accuse him of skipping town after the scholarship limits hit.

On a side note, one of the local afternoon drive time sports talk hosts in Houston is a Syracuse grad. He’s had a good bit to say about this and he’s pretty critical of Bayhime. Every time he comments on the subject he asks how many wins are going to be taken away from Roy Williams. This doesn’t have a lot of impact in Houston since there are only about 50-60 people out of the 4.5 million who live here that actually care about college basketball. I do wonder how all of the Syracuse media school grads around the country will begin to treat the UNC-CH scandal now that they have been publicly dinged for something about 20% as broad in scope and duration. They are a powerful group.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

I think he wants to stay long enough all of the kids he has recruited to date and not have recruiting suffer from the uncertainty of his departure date.

^Every move Syracuse has made to this point with regards to the NCAA investigation has been calculated to save recruiting classes as much as possible.

I hope Syracuse-produced sports broadcasters give the Cheats hell.

MrPlywood
    Participant

I do wonder how all of the Syracuse media school grads around the country will begin to treat the UNC-CH scandal now that they have been publicly dinged for something about 20% as broad in scope and duration. They are a powerful group.

The enemy of my enemy…

Wufpacker
    Participant

I’ll be at least mildly surprised if Boeheim lasts 3 years.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

I was curious about his age:

Born: November 17, 1944 (age 70)

PackerInRussia
    Participant

It’s great to have another top-notch basketball team in the conference with a hall of fame coach. Oh well, at least the New York market isn’t retiring or being sanctioned.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Interesting turn of events. I THOUGHT that I had read that Jim B. addressed a group of Cuse supporters (maybe at the BB banquet) and said….”I ain’t GOING nowhere”.

Talked to some Cuse fans at the Tourney. They said that Jim B. was going to stay as long as he could and try to get his Vacated Wins reinstated and then work his way towards the 1000 mark.

Sounds like “somebody with a pay grade higher than his” done made a decision.

And WHO would they hire with all the punishment? Jim B is a good caretaker for a new coach and he gets a few more notches on his six shooter grip.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.