Bleacher Report Surprise Teams for 2014

Home Forums StateFans Football Bleacher Report Surprise Teams for 2014

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    DFMo
    Participant
    Daniel_Simpson_Day
    Participant

Not a criticism of you for posting the link DFMo, but “…even before Dave Doeren took over for Dave O’Brien before last season…” – you lose what little credibility you had with me when (in the first sentence) you can’t get the name of the previous coach right. Jesus H, how freakin’ hard is it to proof read something?

7 wins is possible, but that is a pie in the sky best case scenario prediction, not a bet a weeks pay prediction. Worst case is 3; realistic is somewhere in the middle.

SaccoV
    Participant

Proofreading is a lost art, Dan … as for the prediction, I think 7 wins is very possible. “Soft non-conference schedule” being the key ingredient. This team does not have to be incredibly good to have a good record at season’s end.

DFMo
    Participant

Mr Simpson, So I post a link to an article related to sports team on a blog that some readers may find interesting and even start some discussion, on a blog that is craving and begging for posts and activity, that the blogger has a typo or worse yet, may not know the right name, and MY credibility is questioned? I guess I didn’t realize I had to vet a blog before posting and should not have wasted anyone’s time. Feeling thin skinned today …

redisgood
    Participant

Mr Simpson, So I post a link to an article related to sports team on a blog that some readers may find interesting and even start some discussion, on a blog that is craving and begging for posts and activity, that the blogger has a typo or worse yet, may not know the right name, and MY credibility is questioned? I guess I didn’t realize I had to vet a blog before posting and should not have wasted anyone’s time. Feeling thin skinned today …

LOL, I agree. We get a couple of football commitments and crickets. But a typo elicits an immediate and angry response. Raised gardens, maters. Jesus, football season can’t get here soon enough.

Daniel_Simpson_Day
    Participant

Seriously? Ever consider I was questioning BR’s credibility, and not yours? Get your panties out of a bunch. You even questioned their credibility in your opening.

Just for clarification, the you in my comment was directed at BR, not DFMo.

MP
    Participant

Ok before you shoot me

on a blog that is craving and begging for posts and activity

LOL. It is true, you can’t win around here. I follow a blog for a professional sports team where people sometimes refer to each other as “respected poster”; this place could use some of that.

e.g. When you look at the recent 20+ page sh*tshow regarding the Redskins.

Daniel_Simpson_Day
    Participant

“angry response” – really? Jesus we really have tender feelings today don’t we guys?

Again for clarification, my criticism is of BR, not DFMo. It was even my opening sentence! “Not a criticism of you…DFMo”. Sure I could have worded it better; I guess that makes me as bad as the BR author.

My criticism is of the BR author for not getting the name right in his opening sentence. I mean really, how much credibility can he have after that.

Now let’s quash this little tiff get back to the meat of it and talk about projected wins, which I feel sure is what DFMo’s original intent was in posting the link.

MP
    Participant

DSD, By the way I didn’t interpret your original ‘credibility’ comment to be directed at DFMo. I just think it’s “funny” that people have to be afraid of their own shadow around here.

redisgood
    Participant

Sorry DSD, I too overreacted.

Anyway, the article says 7-5, 4-4 in conference. I think we win all 4 non conference games, and the 4-4 in the ACC is doable, but I would flip his order. 3-5 in the ACC, 7-5 overall. I just watched a video that shows all the plays Brissett made in the spring game, and while clearly is a vast upgrade over what we had last year, I did see a few areas of concern. Accuracy (but it was only spring), decision making, and time to get rid of the ball. After watching that I have tempered my optimism somewhat, but I still think we go 4-0 in the non conference games.

DFMo
    Participant

Ah, unwedgy’ing myself complete – we all met our objectives. Pot stirred, traffic generated. I first LOL’ed that DSD complained about proof reading and his post was not completely clear on who he was directing the comment (of course I knew he really meant BR but then I would not have had the so much fun replying if I just accepted it)

Eye poking aside, I am on the naively optimistic 7-5, 3-5 in conf with a concern for ANY road trip to a FL school even if said school sucked last year too. After last year’s 3-9 and 0-8, classic question of … would you take 7-5 now and some lower tier bowl game … as progress and step in right direction? And moving the ceiling higher in the following year?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.