BLACK OUT

Home Forums StateFans Football BLACK OUT

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    PackofMac
    Participant

So….for this HUGE nationally televised game(ok, none of that) are we supposed to be “blacking out” the stadium?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

OK guys… we GOTT this…
    Pick your favorite or roll your own….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    PackofMac
    Participant

Wow thanks for the sarcastic input!!! Our job is to buy tickets, donate to the wolfpack club and support the team no matter what. Trust me, they are trying to win the damn game and no uniforms won’t matter in that quest. What they do matter in is marketing our product to young kids who could care less about tradition (which folks like you need a reality check, WE DON’T HAVE ONE) and care more about what schools can do for them. Drives me crazy alumni wanting to compare our history and simplistic uniforms to the likes of Alabama, Penn State, Notre Dame…blah blah blah. Those schools have traditions…mainly of winning. We haven’t even finished in the top three of our division in how long???? If there ever was a time to change things up I’d say it’s now.

LRM
    Keymaster

Tradition matters because it’s what connects all of us in this shared experience that transcends generations.

You don’t Have to be Alabama or Notre Dame to want to hold on to some of that.

But Some of us (myself included) have to realize that superficial changes (like all black uniforms) are a pragmatic necessity in modern college football. The way it should be and the way it is are divergent.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Sarcasm should never be taken personally ’round these parts. And I agree with LRM’s eloquent statement (ha!!!#Statement) regarding the balance of the traditional vs the new.

That being said, I do hope they save any fan black out participation for later in the season. The only black NCSU gear I own are long sleeved.

Greywolf
    Participant

Tradition matters most when it suits my tastes. Otherwise make all the changes you want.

PackofMac
    Participant

Ha, well said and I’d love to consider myself schooled about tradition. Very well written but other than outstanding fans, awesome football, wonderful tailgate experience and passion for all our sports….well, I guess you can sum up all of that in “tradition”. Anyway, agreed or not I was simply wandering what color to wear! If I made out I was taking that personal I apologize. Hell, I was being sarcastic in my first sentence in speaking of our choice of games in which to debut the new uni’s. Whatever, I just want to see some excitement if it comes in the form of lime green jerseys and pink pants. Sitting through the TOB years all but put me in a coma

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… The GREATEST CHALLENGE these days to “preach the old religion” in new ways that “speak clearly to a diverse group of “new generations” WHILE AT THE TIME “preserving the rich traditions and history” of the “faith” WITHOUT “disturbing anyone’s worship”, especially including … the “saints” who in thier old age truly deserve their “rest” …

That said…. Every “tradition” was born “a new and untried idea”.

End of conversation.
    selah

redcanine
    Participant

Can I quote you on that, bill?

freshmanin83
    Participant

Bill, I will meditate on that.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Sarcasm should never be taken personally ’round these parts.

Except when it is personal.
    😉

PackofMac
    Participant

So Bill, we are wearing black….right????

Does this demand another self promotion to assure everyone just how knowledgable we are, not leaving out how well spoken we are through the gentle strokes of the keyboard. Ahhhh, William….my first toast of Pinot goes to you this evening you statesman of the english language.

Bravo, such a simple question asked, such a genius bunch of retorts about, well nothing.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Isn’t this racist?

I mean really. It’s Red AND White, you know, promoting unity of us palefaces with redskins. But this is a Black OUT. Why we gotta insinuate and exclusion of black folks? Is this a promotion of segregation? Why can’t we have a White OUT, or Black IN?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

OK… Postgame ODU… it’s pretty clear from down here at the Beach….

Brissett and his offense – with SIX TD’s and 500+ plus yards – love BLACK…

On the other side of the ball…
    Our young Defense has yet to ‘Embrace It Enthusiastically’… or anyone or anything else for that matter…

Some guys still GOTT a lot to learn…
    And like most #Statements — we find no real shades of gray…

Quote me anytime….

You can’t Beat RED From HEAD TO TOE…

redcanine
    Participant

You da man, bill.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.