BJD95 2013-14 All-ACC Hoops Selections

Home Forums All StateFansNation BJD95 2013-14 All-ACC Hoops Selections

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    BJD95
    Keymaster

Good morning, all. I almost decided to be lazy and not post these this year, but we need to pass the time until Buckets rightly gets honored.

Player of the Year: TJ “Buckets” Warren, NC State

Until the last two weeks, this was an item for lively debate, with logical cases to be made all around.

[See the full post at: BJD95 2013-14 All-ACC Hoops Selections]

state73
    Participant

TJ WARREN THE MAN!

TheCOWDOG

Beej, your 1st team selection is exactly how I have it.

Pretty work.

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

1st team is spot on. Anyone different and we should march with pitchforks. 3rd team of course is iffy. I think I would put Eric Atkins(ND) on the list for the things he has accomplished with that deplorable squad. There is no way in hell only one UNC player makes it on the list. Mackondudes (McAdoo) will be 3rd team I’m afraid, with his grotesque, puberty sprouting, alopecia beard.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I checked with a Hole fan friend, and he agrees that Tokoto or McDonald is their 2nd most important guy, and he didn’t have them (or JMM) on the third team, either. He argued for Rion Brown and Akil Mitchell over Okaro White and Joe Harris.

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

I forgot about Rion Brown. He has been Miami’s TJ Warren. Just like us, without him their easily looking at 5 to 7 less wins.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I ended up putting both Seminoles on the 3rd team because I couldn’t really distinguish between the two. So…mostly a cop-out. But shit, third team is always hard thinking.

maverick_ncsu
    Participant

Do you guys agree with GOTT that because of the size of the league, we should be looking at 10 guys for first team? Would that make it too much less of an honor? I’m not sure it would some years, but then others it would, so I’m torn.

I am trying to think about that it wasn’t that long ago that there were about half as many teams, so proportionately, 10 could make sense. What do you think?

BJD95
    Keymaster

No, a team still just has five guys on it. Perhaps it just means more to make the second team now. But I still see a clear delineation between players 1-5 and 6-10. The more salient argument would be whether to add “4th team” honors. But that’s harder on me, so I vote no.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

We don’t care how hard you have to work, but I don’t see the need for a 4th team. But adding a 4th team makes alot more sense than 10 first-teamers.

Rick
    Keymaster

This is the first time in over 30 years I have not watched enough basketball to be able to make an argument for a first team.

I prefer to spend time watching something less scripted like reality TV.

Texpack
    Participant

So the press release that lists Warren on the first team shows his school as Maryland. UFB.

Rick
    Keymaster

Sporting news has both Paige and Parker higher in the AA than Warren.
    I am telling you boys the ACC is not going to let a Blue lose the POY vote.

TheCOWDOG

All-ACC in
    Warren 77
    Parker 77
    Paige 69
    Fair 47
    McDaniel 46

Wulfpack
    Participant

Holy smokes!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Our election analysis here looks very impressive for CUZ’s POY chances…

The eight votes Paige did not get combined with the odd number he did get translates like this….

1. First the 69.. Those are virtually 100& of the “true blue voters”… who all voted for Paige plus everybody else that also voted Paige 1st team. The “true blue voters” might be 20 – 25 in of this group of 69…. based on MacAdon’t’s number of votes…

Very few of the “true blue voters” will vote for any Dookie for POY… big advantage to CUZ…

2. Split the rest of the 69 plus the 8 that did NOT vote for Paige 1st team…more or less evenly … advantage CUZ as there is no advantage to Parker…

3. Still got the odd number… cause 77 cannot be split mathematically into whole votes –50/50 — Odd Number goes to CUZ… ’cause I said so…

To make up the difference from #2 && #3 — the split would need to be at least 2/3 Parker — 1/3 CUZ or higher….

It’s really hard to see this happening… unless 70-80% of the votes were cast early… that is… before 6:00pm est last night…

Ironically… It’s the ‘true blue voters’ who will swing the election to CUZ…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Rick
    Keymaster

^Our election analysis here looks very impressive for CUZ’s POY chances…

The eight votes Paige did not get combined with the odd number he did get translates like this….

1. First the 69.. Those are virtually 100& of the “true blue voters”… who all voted for Paige plus everybody else. The “true blue voters” might be 20 – 25 in of this group of 69.

Very few of the “true blue voters” will vote for any Dookie for POY… big advantage to CUZ…

2. Split the rest of the 69 plus the 8 that did NOT vote for Paige 1st team…more or less evenly … advantage CUZ as their is no advantage to Parker… If fact … Parker could get all 8 and the outcome based on our analysis would not change.

3. Still got the odd number… cause 69 cannot be split mathematically into whole votes –50/50 — Odd Number goes to CUZ… ’cause I said so…

To make up the difference from #2 && #3 — the split would need to be at least 2/3 Parker — 1/3 CUZ or higher….

It’s really hard to see this happening…

Ironically… It’s the ‘true blue voters’ who will swing the election to CUZ…

Bill,
    What does the 69 have to do with POY votes. Everyone who voted for Paige voted fro both TJ and Parker.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

To make up the difference… the split would need to be at least 2/3 Parker — 1/3 CUZ or higher….

Sorry if I was unclear…. just re-read the post and do the math…

The split votes are the 77 minus the 20-25 “true blue voters’.. that 52-57 votes…. more or less…

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Sorry if I was unclear…. just re-read the post and do the math…
    and highlight these….

1. Very few of the “true blue voters” will vote for any Dookie for POY… big advantage to CUZ…

2. To make up the difference… the split would need to be at least 2/3 Parker — 1/3 CUZ or higher….

3. The split votes are the 77 minus the 20-25 “true blue voters’.. that 52-57 votes…. more or less…

TheCOWDOG

There are 6 bonified skunks.

Hood got 4 votes, and McAdoo received 2

TheCOWDOG

Or should I say at a minimum,four.

TheCOWDOG

Here’s how the coaches see it in total 1st,2nd,3rd votes

Parker 42
    Warren 41
    Paige 40
    Fair 39
    Brogden 35

TheCOWDOG

^
    Who left him off the 1st team?

My guess would be Bennet.

compsciwolf
    Participant

Here’s how the coaches see it in total 1st,2nd,3rd votes
    Parker 42
    Warren 41
    Paige 40
    Fair 39
    Brogden 35

Note that Parker was a unanimous selection. So one person opted not to select Warren to the first team all ACC but instead placed him on the second team. Wish I knew who that was.

Wufpacker
    Participant

^^
    Parker unanimous.
    Buckets not.
    Interesting.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.