Bill Cowher's "New Normal" (And Why He'll Probably Never Coach Again)

Home Forums All StateFansNation Bill Cowher's "New Normal" (And Why He'll Probably Never Coach Again)

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Bill Cowher’s New Normal

“It’s like living in a fishbowl,” he says of his previous life as an NFL head coach. “Honestly, it’s what it is. I look at what I have now, and it’s living normal. I guess the biggest difference from coaching to now is that I can be out here – in this restaurant – and no one is going to bother us. I can walk up and down New York, go shopping, go to Food Emporium, Grace’s. I get my cart out and I enjoy shopping. I like walking around and doing things here. There’s normality.”

and

“It got to the point in Pittsburgh sometimes where, if we won, I’d get gas during the day. And if we lost, I’d get gas at night, because I just didn’t want to hear it, you know?” Cowher says. “During the day, if you won, people would say, ‘Hey, good job!’ But if you lost, everyone had an opinion. So you’re getting gas and someone shouts, ‘Hey coach, you should’ve been doing this or running that!’ So I would get gas late at night on my way home from work. I knew a couple of places, way out, where no one would be. You’d just get out, pull your hat down and pump.”

Wufpacker
    Participant

Can’t say I blame him.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I get that they make huge money, but damn it, there’s ample reason WHY they do…

44rules
    Participant

Great story. I wouldn’t go back either – unless I thought I could bring N.C. State a championship. This featury stuff is the type of story Rolling Stone does well. Hard news – not so much.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.