Big Day For MBB-CKK Cookin'

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Big Day For MBB-CKK Cookin'

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Pack78
    Participant
    Fastback68
    Participant

Lot of fans wanted both. Hope the team is having a great off season.

ryebread
    Participant

That’s really good news. Bryce in particular was important because the guy had played under Keats and clearly was someone he wanted at State.

I may be in the minority, but I feel the best about our basketball program in a long, long time.

Greywolf
    Participant

I may be in the minority, but I feel the best about our basketball program in a long, long time.

Can I join you in being that minority? This guy Keatts is a tireless worker. I like him bringing in recruits for this year (2017/18) and the future. Keatts may not win big right away but I have the feeling he/we are going to be pesky and making it difficult for our opponents from the git go.

Honestly, our record means less to me in the first years than being proud of the team for playing hard and giving it their best effort from opening tap to final whistle. I don’t know if he is Coach Right, but he is Coach Right Now and I’m giving him 100% support.

Texpack
    Participant

The biggest hole is the lack of ANY bigs for 2018-19. The staff has a lot of work to do to fill that in. I’m always curious to see a new coach or a new boss install their system.

choppack1
    Participant

It will be very interesting to see what he can do with a full recruiting cycle.

Like others, I am looking forward to seeing a team play hard.

I am excited about his potential. He knocked the proverbial cover off the ball at uncw. Now, he is in a much bigger league but you look for positive outliers and he definitely fits that criteria.

choppack1
    Participant

Just got our first commitment from a 2018 kid.

4 star combo guard from Georgia.

Glad to see Keatts recruiting combo guards, something our last two coaches didn’t do enough of.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Awesome! Now how ’bout some tall people?

freshmanin83
    Participant

Jamie Lewis –

Lewis, a 6-3, 190-pound point guard is ranked No. 60 nationally in the class of 2018, according to 247sports’ composite rankings. He is ranked No. 13 at his position.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/nc-state/article155079559.html#storylink=cpy

freshmanin83
    Participant

I read that Jamie Lewis played AAU with Jarius Hamiliton there has recently been a reported movement of him toward NCSU at 247.
    http://247sports.com/Player/Jairus-Hamilton-86949

ryebread
    Participant

paki: I’m not worried about the bigs. We’ll get some. I think in this system they’re not as important as the last 3 that we’ve run at State. We need some horses who are big, strong, can rebound and run. Guys like Abu. They don’t have to be the most skilled offensively, which means they don’t have to be the highest ranked.

pakfanistan
    Participant

MBB signs grad transfer Sam Hunt.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.