BC Upsets Syracuse in the Dome

Home Forums StateFans Basketball BC Upsets Syracuse in the Dome

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    WeAreCured
    Participant

Looks like their luck finally ran out.

Countdown to State fans that use this to discredit our guys’ effort against Cuse in the Dome… Fire Gott and Yow?!?!?!?!

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Good thing that BC’s win helps them get off the bubble and positions them to be in the NCAA tournament. Great job ACC for actually not having a blown call help decide the outcome in favor of Syracuse. BC really needed this win for their resume and they earned it.

FIRE EVERYONE!!11!

WeAreCured
    Participant

Combined with their 2 wins over VT, this makes BC a lock.

MrPlywood
    Participant

I’ll spin it like this: State provided the blueprint, BC followed it and pulled off the upset. Of course I didn’t see the game but that’s what I’m going with.

BC had 19 fouls, Cuse 12. BC shot 43%, 50% and 90%, Cuse, 32%, 17% and 71%.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

BC 11-22 from 3 … We all might be dead before someone witnesses State shooting 50% from 3 with 20+ attempts 🙁

pakfanistan
    Participant

BC 11-22 from 3 … We all might be dead before someone witnesses State shooting 50% from 3 with 20+ attempts :(

In all seriousness, I think the 3 is the way, the truth, and the light in college bball. Duke has made a living there, Villanova and Wichita St. which are way better teams than us average over 20 attempts a game…..It’s the great equalizer.

MrPlywood
    Participant

But they seem to get their shooters open, and not just open but spot up open. That’s where having at least two viable options from 3 is huge. Poor Woo had to run his fanny off, and never really perfected the pump fake. Turner shoot a bunch of hurried, off-balance shots last night. Cuz takes some of the pressure off, but the team needs more.

TheCOWDOG

BC got Luckie [sp]

Wufpacker
    Participant

Plain and simple, it was those horrid ‘Cuse unis.

Deacon Blues
    Participant

It was going to happen. Duke should have beat them, Pitt did, I won’t even get into our sitchyation, and then BC gets to taste that sweet victory.

The only bright spot here is the sadexcuse will not go through the ACC undefeated.

Daniel_Simpson_Day
    Participant

Effe Swofford and those sinister ACC officials; obviously giving the ACC sacred cow that is Boston the benefit of all the calls. I’m so sick of the ACC coddling the elite teams like BC so they can preserve the…oh wait, what?

Wulfpack
    Participant

UVA is now in first place. Let me say it again. UVA is in first place.

FergusWolf
    Participant

Defense wins games, like it or not, unless you have multiple elite scorers (we have 1, a pretty d@mn good one, but only one).

If I was in Yow’s position, I’d be sitting in GOTTS office right now explaining to him how he was going to retool his assist coaches next year (chances are one or more of them leaves for low-level HC positions anyway), and he need to grab an assistant from a defense oriented program. There are 71 teams with better FG % defense and 141 teams with better scoring defense…certainly SOMEONE would be available.

I’m not suggesting we go with a Virgina or Clempson like game plan where were bore the opposing team and fans into submission. An active attacking defense, like Duke, Maryland of past years, or VCU would still provide for interesting games.

Also, as noted above, we need to consistently have 2 3-point threats on the floor (meaning at least 3 on the team). I’m pretty sure that leading the nation in % of points coming from 2-point baskets is a big time winning strategy.

highstick
    Participant

BC got lucky and Cuse’s luck ran out…

Now there’s only Greg Marshall!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

Wulfpack
    Participant

Yea, Stick. But remember he’s a bad interviewer. He might even think a little too much of himself, too. God knows no other coach fits that mold. And a Final Four is no big deal. Anybody can do that.

And Tony Bennett stinks as a coach, too. I mean, how could the Hoos possibly be leading the conference with all this Blue and Orange bias? Oh wait, Hoos are Orange as well. That must be it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.