BC in the House – 7pm Game Thread

Home Forums StateFans Basketball BC in the House – 7pm Game Thread

Viewing 19 posts - 126 through 144 (of 144 total)
  • Author
    Fastback68
    Participant

3-0 with 3 to go.

Heelh8r
    Participant

Job well done Heelh8r

Thanks feels good to get some praise! Missed BotB be glad to have him back for the next one.
    Smoke if you got em!
    POP!!

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Good job Rook ^

Texpack
    Participant

Al got going in the second half. Got some help from Dorn. We keep winning. Guaranteed.500 in the league. This is a weird team, but they have a chance to be a special team. I still can’t believe what they’ve done so far.

jay95
    Participant

Enjoyed it gents, on to Sunday!!

Class of 95

rthomas44
    Participant

19 wins! Did any of sfn think this was possible?? Keatts is the man! Look at the team ..every time they play, a different player steps up.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Well… that took a lot longer than it was supposed…

Good job H8R… you got the numbers right all the way…
    formating and style needs more practice… but you got to personalize that for yourself….

—————-

I see we went with Option 1 and Option3 of the BOTB gameplan….
    Stop Robinson
    Play FUGLY for 40
    Out score ’em…
    —————-

Shows you want 52% — 11/21 — from behind the line can do for you…

BUT…

16 turnovers
    22 Offensive Rebounds by BC…

is FUGLY by any standard…

Bottom line for this team is this….

Pick one… any one thing… and we can do that thing…
    Shooting
    Rebounds
    Outside Defense
    Inside Defense

Some times we can do two things at the same time… like in this game, Stop Robinson, hit some threes…

BUT haven’t got a snowball’s chance at doing three..

And then there’s that KILLER INSTINCT thing…

These two things will determine how we go the rest of this season…

GO PACK!

SMOKE if you got ’em…

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    GoldenChain
    Participant

Out of the country but was checking the score on the phone at dinner. Looks like we jumped out early, played fugly, kept them at arms distance then used our conditioning to stretch a little at the end. I’m sure that’s an over-simplification but shooting 56% from the field, 52% from 3 and 77% from the charity stripe is going to win you most games. And even though I see some complaints about D the fact you held your opponent to 38% is a fantastic defensive effort even though you gave up some OR. As someone else said when you miss that many shots you have a lot of opportunities for rebounds.
    Survive and advance.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Chain, the Pack didn’t score for the first 6:20, so they didn’t quite jump out early. But on the positive, they scored 82 points in 34 minutes… 🙂

ryebread
    Participant

The first 6 minutes were ugly. The next 14 were pretty. The last 20 were pretty sloppy. Regardless it was a win.

Don’t look but we’re at 9. That looked like the best possible outcome before the year and now we are playing with house money. This team may win 2-3 more in the regular season.

Go Pack! Beat FSU!

Fastback68
    Participant

It’s the third game in a row where State builds a first half winning margin and then plays the competition even. They won the second half at Cuse by a point. Hodge would play teams even in the first half and then take over the competition in the second half. Just win both against FSU.

LifeLongWolf
    Participant

For those who didn’t get to see the game, it is needs to be said that (other than 2 players – Mitchell and Robinson), BC is poo poo.

ryebread
    Participant

Any know how we missed on Robinson, given he was a local kid? I don’t follow recruiting that closely.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Any know how we missed on Robinson, given he was a local kid?

As I understand it, either Robinson was not on Gott’s list or Gott was not on Robinson’s list…
    But… I’ll bet a dollar than if Robinson was a Freshman at Broughton this year, State would be on his list…

————————-

How many of Yurt7’s fouls last night were committed more than 15ft from the basket or on a switch in the paint on somebody else’s man ?
    ————————-

Keatts in the post game fluffer with Gary and Tony last night…

When asked about the first Four Minutes… Keatts replied…

“I thought most of the team was still in Winston-Salem….”

And when asked “What did you say to Torin Dorn in the locker room at halftime?”
    Remember, Dorn went scoreless in the first half and came out and hit 5 for 5…

Keatts replied…

“I’m prohibited from answering that question.”

OK! So let’s see… we’re F-Ugly, we Win and we’re Funny, too….

————————-

Bottom line for this team is this….

Pick one… any one thing
    Shooting
    Rebounds
    Outside Defense
    Inside Defense

Some times we can do two things at the same time… like in this game, Stop Robinson, hit some threes…

BUT haven’t got a snowball’s chance at doing three..

And then there’s that KILLER INSTINCT thing…

With 3 to play plus the ACCT, we should be looking closely to see how much of “The Total Package” we can put in place, without unFUgling the FUgly and if we can keep our sense of humor….

We’ll need our A Game to beat the Noles….

GO PACK!

freshmanin83
    Participant

Too bad we can’t get someone like the Round Mound of Rebound to come in and give a tutorial.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^that wouldn’t work unless our entire front line added 20lbs of solid A## and 20lbs of shoulders EACH…

Darius Hicks has been missed…

GO PACK!

Texpack
    Participant

Torin Dorn works his tail off when he’s playing the 4, but we are going to give up some rebounds when he is playing the four and we have two PGs plus Al Freeman on the floor. We can put Frenchy in the game instead of one of the guards but we won’t likely make 8 straight 3s that way.

ryebread
    Participant

The small line up with Dorn at the four is how we have looked best this year. Dorn rebounds better than his measurables would suggest (which is the exact opposite of Abu). When we put two true big me on the floor, our spacing suffers and things big down and our press isn’t nearly as effective.

It will be interesting to see how we play next year. What we see with the small line up is what I expected out of Keatts. We’ve recruited like we’re going to play a center and a PF.

Pack1997
    Participant

Depends on the PF skill set. If you have one that can dribble and shoot, the system works.

Viewing 19 posts - 126 through 144 (of 144 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.