BBall Preseason Predictions

Home Forums All StateFansNation BBall Preseason Predictions

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

B’rer ‘Roo…
    Your detailed breakeven is a nice piece of work!

When the question was asked…

1. I was only thinking “career”…

2. Watching Mr.Smith for the first time, it’s pretty clear to me that he’s a “hybrid” — that is, a floor leader who can pass and shoot — capable of 10 assists, 20points and 5-6 rebounds any night against most anybody. keyword == capable.

Side note… Mr. Smith has

big shoulders and a short neck

… he could be a running back, except for the fact that he’s 6’5″ — read Coach Wooten’s book for more about this.

That’s why the question intentionally stated “guards”… as opposed to “point guards” or “shooting guards”.

3. Your breakdown may have omitted one category… “Most Loved”.
    Monte and I were classmates… so he’s #1 on that list, imo.
    Nate McMillian, Joe Cafferky, Vinnie DelNegro all had better stats, iirc.

4. Sam Ranzino deserves some serious consideration.

5. Ya’ll have fun with it! It’s Friday and I was thinking the less we talked football and football ticket prices, the happier we all would be… Tomorrow is another day.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    VaWolf82
    Keymaster

It’s Friday and I was thinking the less we talked football and football ticket prices, the happier we all would be

Ain’t that the truth!

gso packbacker
    Participant

Love to hear that we looked like a team and hope we stay that way. Also enjoyed the stats from ‘Roo, but it made me recall an article I’d read about historically ranking players.

“We (a) romanticize players we remember from childhood, (b) lionize people we’ve only read about, and (c) undervalue modern players who seem like lesser versions of people we’ve seen before.”

So true and I guess that is why Hawkeye Whitney popped into my head BEFORE Julius Hodge.

Props to Hawkeye though. I was a kid and a fresh yankee transplant when I ran into him (and Chuck Nevitt’s crotch) in the concourse after their 1980 NCAA tournament game in Greensboro. They were both happy to stop and sign a program. An NC State fan was born right there.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Not trying to open up the TICKET issue….but I did NOTE that there are still a LOT of FSU ads on Craigslist. The ones posted today are at, very near, or above FACE. PP are the hot item. I wish I could have bought a BUNCH of them.

Yes, we do tend to remember the accomplishments of some of our heroes of the past…..

I will also “fess” up and reveal my sources….

http://gopack.com/news/2015/11/6/media-guide.aspx

The Media Guide USED to be a PDF, so you could download it and search it. I have some old ones. The “FREE” is not really FREE, if you try to download a copy, I did not figure out HOW.

BUT, you can go Full Screen and then do a Screen Dump and paste it into Word and make the page a large one and blow it up and move it about.

It is interesting….a BUNCH of stuff in there.

I think that Harrick is the answer to the Trivia question about Which FORMER OPPONENT’s THEN coach has attended the MOST NCSU Games, and NOT in the capacity as an Opposing Coach….BUT, you never know….Bidenbach MAY actually have attended MORE (or will) than Harrick…

tractor57
    Participant

I was able to download the media guide – print to pdf.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I’m not sure for what…but
    SPUD WEBB is on my list of ALL TIME Something too!
    or is that the Gueniss Book of Records?

————
    I’m saving my ‘Noles v. Pack stuff for Mr. Dog’s pregame football thread.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Tractor57,

Could you list the steps. I have tried that every way I can. I even switched browsers. What Browser are you using? I have the Adobe Acrobat as well. What I get is a single page or a 3 page document. It looks like a screen dump, not the data base.

Thanks,

tractor57
    Participant

I’m using Firefox (whatever is the current version). I clicked on the link to print then “printed” to PDF. That saved the whole thing as a file on my computer. Not sure if the same works with a tablet or a smartphone.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Tractor57,
    WOW….I use Firefox occassionally and tried that also. I tested it again. Running Win 10. If I click on the Printer Friendly Link, I get the cover page that is showing. I also tried the SHARE links….NADA.

I then opened up Firefox. there is NO Share Link. Printer Friendly does the same.

I tried the Visit the URL. That opened it in ISSU and it was a LOT easier to read. Then DOWNLOAD at the bottom. OPPS….see you on he OTHER side….as in “you need an account to download”.

If I did NOT have the Adobe Acrobat (PDF Creator….NOT the free reader), I wonder what I would find….

Tried Wife’s W10 PC with NO Adobe. Selected the Save as PDF. Got 1 page from the Printer Friendly and 2 – 4 pages from the “share” and Print link.

NOT the 142 pages that is in the guide….but I was using Google Chrome…

Tried IE on her machine….same results….

Hang on to yours….

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Roo.. I was able to download. Go to this link -> https://issuu.com/wolfpackathletics/docs/mediaguide-full

Then you’ll see a download button at the bottom.. It’ll make you create an account, but you can just put whatever for username/pw as you don’t have to verify apparently.. then it’ll take you back (or go back to the link above) and download. That worked for me.

Or.. I put it out on expirebox so you can download from this link.. link is only good for 48 hours though as they delete the file from their server then -> http://expirebox.com/download/42e6054e265247a0eba1a1cd1d6318b2.html

Peace!

gso packbacker
    Participant

Bumping this back to the top. Is there any chance we could get a basketball poll on where we finish in the ACC standings (or record)? Given our play to date, some of us may be rethinking our original predictions. 🙂

McCallum
    Participant

Make a note of this posters comment on page 1.

McCallum

TheCOWDOG

Make a note of this posters comment on page 1.

McCallum

Noted. Like this poster on page 2.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Nobody, and that’s means – NOBODY, predicted consecutive losing seasons… so nobody can say “i told you so….” this time…

What the point?

Texpack
    Participant

I predicted 37-3. Just a tad off.

McCallum
    Participant

The point?

To get you talking to that tree in the backyard.

Now I’m off to eat some spicy noodles.

McCallum

McCallum
    Participant

Yeah Tex I noticed that.

Of course you probably nailed it on that Yugo stock back in the 80s.

McCallum

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

The point?

To get you talking to that tree in the backyard.

Come on Mac.. I know you Gott better than that…

Besides, the damn tree has been right on top of this for two weeks…

You need to put some fresh, salty, oysterones on those noodles…

McCallum
    Participant

If that tree was all that and a bag of (wood) chips then it would have told you about lover boy.

Old habits are hard to break and lover boy has his.

As for me, when I lived in Owen dorm, I didn’t want to walk all the way down the hall to piss out all of the Milwaukee’s Best Light from earlier in the night so I developed a bad habit of pissing in sinks.

McCallum

McCallum
    Participant

Wanna little perspective?
    I had breakfast this morning with a recently inducted NC State HoF basketball coach.

He finally gets around to asking me what I know/expect for this year’s club. I told him that I was gonna ask him the same thing.

We kinda’ looked at each other, stupid-like, and grinned.

Okay Robert Frost, which path?

McCallum

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Lemme ‘see…

Nobody cares about your sex life when you are winning games…
    Everybody cares about consecutive losing seasons…
    It’s really that simple, if you want it to be…

Now… should I F with McCallum or watch Netflix…

I’m thinking Netflix…
    Owen dorm explains it all…

Ya’ll have fun!

POP!!!

TheCOWDOG

Wanna little perspective?
    I had breakfast this morning with a recently inducted NC State HoF basketball coach.

He finally gets around to asking me what I know/expect for this year’s club. I told him that I was gonna ask him the same thing.

We kinda’ looked at each other, stupid-like, and grinned.

Okay Robert Frost, which path?

McCallum

Truth is, the both of us were quite familiar with the woods, and went back to eating our country ham, grits, and stuff.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Glad nobody took me up on my bet…

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Who’s the jack ass that bumped this? lol.. went back to find my post on page 1 before the season started.

I’m buying the hype and drinking the Koolaid. We should finish in the top 3 in the ACC. I predict only 3 to 5 ACC losses. Should finish in the top ten nationally by end of regular season.

A real gem. Never in a million years I’d have guessed the coach would be fired.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

omg on page 2 I’m making guarantee’s lmao

I can guarantee you right now this team will not finish 12th without extenuating circumstances

That is gold.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.