Basketball Spectator Code from the 50's

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Basketball Spectator Code from the 50's

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Things are little different now, even if some of this stuff is on the back of our tickets:

Gowolves
    Participant

Silence during free throws? They would be amazed at what they do today to free throw shooters.

This is classic.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Of course, in actuality, this was the era in which one could expect to have cigarettes put out on you while inbounding the ball, at least in your “cozier” arenas. There’s what’s on paper, and what happens for realz.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Silence during free throws? They would be amazed at what they do today to free throw shooters.

This is classic.

Started laughing immediately when I saw that one

Texpack
    Participant

I remember wearing a coat and tie to the 1968 ACC Tournament Finals(I was 7). We lost to the Cheats in Charlotte. We did, however, boo Larry Miller when he received the Everett Case Award.

TheCOWDOG

Funny thing on the silent free throw. When I saw that, I wracked my memory trying to remember when that changed…even searched…nada. I’m thinking late ’70s, ’cause I don’t remember raucus free throws in Reynolds much.

Actually, nothing leaves the shooter out there on an island like silence.

Maybe the kids need to break out the Bigheads for the Pack at the line.

pakfanistan
    Participant

^ I would love it if we could coordinate our fans to be completely silent on opponent free throws.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^Pack fans coming together in unison on something?? Truly a bridge too far.

pakfanistan
    Participant

^Pack fans coming together in unison on something?? Truly a bridge too far.

After the impossibility of doing a red/white/blackout, I agree there’s no way we’re getting enough people on board.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Notre Dame’s fans used to be deadly silent during the opposition’s player introductions. As in pin-drop, not a sound.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.