Baseball Update

Home Forums All StateFansNation Baseball Update

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

Now that there is some breathing room for Pack fans between NCAA basketball weekends (and we’re all infinitely happy to be BETWEEN NCAAT games, and no
    [See the full post at: Baseball Update]

TheCOWDOG

About time ya got yer ass outta the club car!

Red never went this long without punching keys.

That was a funky road trip, and best dispatched early on. Like seedlings, baseball requires a dose of warmage to to get it going.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Heh…panem et circenses uninterrupted has been hard to come by lately.

I ended up ‘writing’ this one unexpectedly and on the fly as it were, instead of finishing a most excellent dvr’d episode of The Walking Dead, so….yeah. My obligation to the people, over the dead people, won out.

Obviously only minimal time/effort, and obviously zero research.

Hopefully warmer weather will be the necessary elixir for all involved, including the team.

highstick
    Participant

Hope we don’t play Winthrop…They beat both the Cocks and the Tigers~

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Thanks for the update.

redisgood
    Participant

Carlos Rodon making it very difficult for the Sox to send him down:

” Carlos Rodon struck out nine in four dazzling innings Wednesday night, making his latest impressive bid to join the White Sox rotation, and Chicago cruised to a 6-0 victory over the Kansas City Royals.

Rodon, the third player selected in last year’s draft, walked none and allowed four singles, throwing 47 strikes in 67 pitches. Rodon has fanned 19 batters this spring, tying for the Cactus League lead, in 12 1/3 innings.

“I’m glad no walks,” he said. “That’s the best part of the day.”

The left-hander faced a lineup that included eight regular starters for the AL champion Royals, no doubt making it difficult for Chicago to send him back to the minors.”

Also reunited with Brett Austin:

“Rodon threw to Brett Austin, his catcher at North Carolina State and Chicago’s fourth-round draft pick last year. “It was fun to throw to Brett again,” Rodon said. “Brett and I have been roommates for two years. Brett and I have been real good friends. Before college, we played together. It was just like old times, like riding a bike throwing to him.”

Maybe they can get some kind of Carlton / McCarver thing going.

MP
    Participant

Sweet, Tuesday in CLT! Gotta work on that…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.