Bad Hires In The ACC

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Bad Hires In The ACC

Tagged: ,

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    tjfoose1
    Participant

A Poulton reference but nothing for Jed?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^..foose… IMO, right or wrong, it all started with BP…

AND …

it looks like … Coach BZZZZZ won’t be the first to be let go…

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10622536/virginia-tech-fires-james-johnson-men-basketball-coach

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wulfpack
    Participant

Good stuff.

If Wellman doesn’t fire Bzz now they will be lucky to get 1000 people at their games next year. It is that bad.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

But BZZZ beat the “Road” this season…
    What more should ‘Deac fans expect ???

Wulfpack
    Participant

Maybe Wellman has been so tied up with the Selection Committee that he hasn’t met with Bzz yet.

Lutz to Va Tech, anyone?

Wulfpack
    Participant

Donahue out at BC.

Bzz and Gregory next???

Wulfpack
    Participant

John Feinstein reporting Bzz is safe one more year, and must fire two assistants. Other reports are that no decision has been made, and to expect one tomorrow or Thursday.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Nobody has answered this question… not even the Baptists….

“Without ‘naked’ pictures or alleged criminal activity, how can you fire any Tobacco Road basketball coach who beat everybody else on Tobacco Road that season?” Is not “Beating the Road”… an automatic stay of execution?

pakfanistan
    Participant

Nobody has answered this question… not even the Baptists….

“Without ‘naked’ pictures or alleged criminal activity, how can you fire any Tobacco Road basketball coach who beat everybody else on Tobacco Road that season?” Is not “Beating the Road”… an automatic stay of execution?

I think it would be fair to make the argument that those wins are meaningless if they can’t or won’t be parlayed into greater success.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… so you agree Coach BZZZ gets another year to see if this year’s success against the Road translates into something bigger and better ???

Daniel_Simpson_Day
    Participant

“Is not “Beating the Road”… an automatic stay of execution?” If that is your criteria for head coaching decisions I think it is extremely narrow-minded. By that philosophy it’s ok if you go 3-15 in conference so long as you beat NCSU, Duke and UNC? In year 4? I don’t think that should be tolerated anywhere, but it seems to be the case in W-S.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I hope you are being facetious. He is 17-51 in the ACC. That is worse than Sid.

pakfanistan
    Participant

… so you agree Coach BZZZ gets another year to see if this year’s success against the Road translates into something bigger and better ???

If Wake was on a upward trajectory, I would say yes. But they’ve plummeted since Bzzzzzz took over and have been bottom 3rd or worse in the conference. And Bzzz was horrible at Colorodo posting similar records to what’s going on at Wake.

I suppose it’s within the realm of possibility that he may suddenly be possessed by the spirit of John Wooden, but I wouldn’t count on it.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I don’t think that should be tolerated anywhere, but it seems to be the case in W-S.

Not by the paying customers, it’s not.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Speaking tongue in cheek of course…

“If El Sid has beaten the Road every year — or even every other year — during his tenure as HeadWhateverHeWas…. would He not still be HeadWhateverHeWas today ?

Wulfpack
    Participant

Did he pay his taxes?

pakfanistan
    Participant

Did he pay his taxes?

Ouch >__<

Anybody remember when a certain poster who hasn’t been around for a while (at least not under the same name) claimed Lowe was an arch criminal? Note, I’m not saying he was wrong, I’m just wondering if anybody else remembers it.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^I remember … wasn’t sure where all the vitriol was coming from at the time.

Wulfpack
    Participant

It is an honest question. Because if he didn’t, then I venture to say “not a chance”.

And yes, he has a criminal record. And it ain’t underage possession of booze.

compsciwolf
    Participant

Would Sid be around if he only beat the other teams on the Tobacco Road each season (and only once each)? No, he wouldn’t. As much as we say that we’d rather beat Carolina and lose all the rest if that was the only option, it’s not the only option and we wouldn’t tolerate being that putrid year in and year out. Yow still would have told Sid to resign as soon as she made it to campus, taxes or not (and how she could have known about the tax issue until it became public, I don’t know).

As far as Bzzz, there’s little evidence Wake is on an upward trajectory. Yeah, they got lucky this year and beat us, Duke, and Carolina, but we then crushed Wake later in the season. Nothing makes me think Bzzz has setup Wake for sustained success. As evidence, look at all the horrible things Wake does the Bzzz is constantly clapping about. K, Roy, and Gott wouldn’t be clapping if one of their teams did those same things.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I mean, this is Year Four, and they weren’t even in the NIT discussion. He’s been awful. And this is KILLING their relationship with the fanbase.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Bzz out at Wake. Finally!

That’s three out of four. Gregory next at GT?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^and that’s official….

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10640011/jeff-bzdelik-coach-wake-forest-demon-deacons

Wulfpack
    Participant

It says he resigned, but we know what that means.

Wake can go get a good guy.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

This just in on the wire… from the Bradley Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin…

“A un-named source, traveling with the Arizona State basketball team…. confirms that… in an email to AD Ron Wellman…Coach Sendek has withdrawn his name from consideration for the Men’s Head Coaching position at Wake Forest University.”

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.