Athlon ranks the ACC football coaches

Home Forums StateFans Football Athlon ranks the ACC football coaches

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rick
    Keymaster

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-accs-college-football-coaches-2016

I think Sweeney is a heck of a coach but until he wins a title I think you have to keep Jimbo number 1.
    VT’s coach number 6 and he hasn’t won a game yet.
    They are not a fan of our coach.

SaccoV
    Participant

Read it from a thread on TOS. Fuentes is a good coach, but him at #6 right now is laughable. Put Fuentes at Ga Tech and see how much he wins. Paul Johnson has won the ACC Title and been to the title game three times, and he’s 8th? Steve Lassan isn’t a credible judge of coaching ability.

SaccoV
    Participant

And by the way, has Bobby Petrino won anything? According to Wiki, he’s won two conference titles 2004 and 2006 with Louisville in two different conferences. Winning 11 games in the SEC means you’re the third best coach in the ACC?

Wulfpack
    Participant

I have no issues with Petrino in third. He’s a heck of a coach, and is going to be a major thorn in our side.

I expect Richt to find success at Miami.

Agreed Fuente is over ranked here.

choppack1
    Participant

This is really a stupid exercise.

You can’t objectively rank guys from lower-tier conferences. You have zero data on which to rank them in comparison to others.

I have a huge problem with Jimbo ranking ahead of Dabo (haha). Dabo has done an amazing job @ Clemson – winning an ACC title and taking them to a bcs bowl game. While Jimbo has done a solid job, I don’t think he accomplished what Dabo does at Clemson and I am confident Dabo could match his results at FSU.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.