Anybody else remember Adam Harrington?

Home Forums All StateFansNation Anybody else remember Adam Harrington?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    lush
    Participant

Pretty neat story.

lush
    Participant
    JasonP
    Participant

I remember being bummed about his transfer. Never knew he made it to the NBA. Good for him that he’s doing well now.

StateRed44
    Participant

Remember him as one of the first of the “girlfriend” rumors

Mike
    Participant

Never heard the girlfriend rumor, but Harrington was one I would trust my girlfriend with – because he never made a pass.

Wufpacker
    Participant

^ Ha!! Well-played.

I don’t remember the girlfriend rumors specifically either, but I do remember that it seemed there was some sort of weird vibe surrounding his transfer.

StateRed44
    Participant

Well, it went a little something like this (the rumor). Adam, Arch, and Archie’s lady friend just could not all get along for some reason or the other. Funny how often chick problems get cited with basketball team related turnover (staff or players).

wufpup76
    Keymaster

I’m sorry to read about his sister, and glad he is positively affecting so many lives.

I have to be honest though, when I read his name it made my blood boil thinking about his time at State. Herb had many terrible offenses while coaching the Pack, the worst of which may very well be the “you four guys stand around and watch Harrington shoot from 25 feet” offense.

wolfpackdawg
    Participant

I went to a game when had him @ FSU when Steve Robinson was HC. All I remember was Robinson having to get on the PA system at some point to tell the fans to chill because they were throwing stuff on the court for some reason. Weird memory. 🙂

JasonP
    Participant

The roster from Harrington’s year from here (http://wolfpackreview.com/north-carolina-state-basketball/roster/1998-1999) shows a pretty young team:

Ron Anderson, So
    Keith Bean, Fr
    Justin Gainey, Jr
    Anthony Grundy, Fr
    John Hampton, Fr
    Adam Harrington, Fr
    Kenny Inge, So
    Brian Keeter, Fr
    Ron Kelley, So
    Carl Lentz, Fr
    Archie Miller, So
    Ben Petty, Fr
    Idris Talib, Fr
    Damon Thornton, Jr
    Tim Wells, Jr
    Cornelius Williams, So

Can’t help but think what could have been had there been a real coach. That’s a good amount of talent in the backcourt.

StateRed44
    Participant

iirc Bean was here like 2 weeks. Wells obviously needed more shots.

StateFans
    Keymaster

The whole Archie’s girlfriend thing was always kinda weird in light of some of the other rumors that floated around about Harrington.

I remember how jazzed everyone was about his commitment. Kid had a lot of talent — it clearly wasn’t melded correctly. I’m not saying that was even possible with such a headcase…but, it ain’t like Herb Sendek was known for being the most creative and innovate guy with the interpersonal skills and motivations.

Rick
    Keymaster

Anyone know anything more about these secret ways of shooting?

redcanine
    Participant

The whole Archie’s girlfriend thing was always kinda weird in light of some of the other rumors that floated around about Harrington.

I know, right? I wasn’t aware that Archie’s girlfriend had anything to do with his leaving.

Glad to hear he’s doing well for himself.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.