Another Wolfpacker doing great w/ Seahawks

Home Forums StateFans Football Another Wolfpacker doing great w/ Seahawks

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

As if NC State fans need more reason to love the Seattle Seahawks, check out the news on the wire around the performance of TY McGill in camp —

Link

Rookie defensive tackle T.Y. McGill is taking advantage of his opportunity.

The undrafted free agent out of North Carolina State was one of the players who stood out in the Seattle Seahawks’ 22-20 to the Denver Broncos in the teams’ preseason opener Friday night, recording four combined tackles, which tied for third on the team. He also tallied a quarterback hit and earned unprompted praise from head coach Pete Carroll postgame.

On Monday, Carroll said that McGill’s effort on Friday was simply an extension of his work throughout camp.

“All the way through all of our work outs, he’s been impressive. He’s real quick. And he showed it in the game. He played well at the point of attack,” Carroll said. “He helped himself, this was a really good outing for him. We’re anxious to see how he comes around next time too.”

The Seahawks signed McGill on May 15 following a tryout at the team’s rookie minicamp. The 6-foot, 299-pounder said that Seattle was his only NFL option, and that he was determined to make the most out of it after going undrafted an unsigned by a team in May.

“It definitely was a motivational thing, that I didn’t get drafted,” he said on Monday. “It just gave me more motivation to just come in and prove what I have. That’s just how I looked at it. I just told my family that I’m going to go work as hard as I can and not have any regrets after it’s over.”

McGill, who has primarily played behind Brandon Mebane at nose tackle in Seattle, said he’s trying to soak up as much information as he can from the veterans on the defensive line, and was hoping to earn a spot on a team low on proven depth on the interior of the line.

“I’m just coming out every day just to prove that I belong just to get an opportunity to play for this great organization,” he said.

I guess it only makes sense that we ultimately put someone on the defensive side of the ball in Seattle just to round out the Wolfpack presence!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.