ACC & SEC making different statements in bowl season

Home Forums All StateFansNation ACC & SEC making different statements in bowl season

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^ When we had the “triple option” in Rawlee..
    We were a damn good football team…

Just ask Mr. Dog ’bout that…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    lawful
    Participant

papapjohn, Winston is not a good person and winning isn’t everything. He and FSU represent our league and I don’t particular like what either of them stand for. This is not the first example by either party of poor/illegal behavior. GT or Clemson may not be competing for a national championship, but at least (as far as I know) they’re clean (at the moment).

Wufpacker
    Participant

Admittedly, and grudgingly I might add, tOSU is better than I thought. Mostly because Jones didn’t require any lag time to get up to game speed when he stepped in. They’ve impressed me the past two games quite frankly. I don’t chalk it up to the SEC disappointing. Top to bottom, the SEC is every bit as stout as advertised IMHO.

I expected Oregon to take FSU down. Their pounding of the ‘Noles was only slightly surprising.

Last night, the better teams won, plain and simple.

Oregon opens as a TD fav over tOSU. Seems about right. I’ll take the Ducks and give the points.

highstick
    Participant

One game don’t mean squat and it never did before…but now you have the #4 team claiming they are relevant…Oh, well, you guys wanted this “freak show”…All Urban did was piss off Saban…the question is can Urban handle the heat again or will he fold the tent when the going gets tough?

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

Wufpacker
    Participant

Vols making a statement vs Iowa.

highstick
    Participant

… the morning after…

… and speaking of statements…

1. The kid from OSU ain’t a third string QB… He’s a first string QB at any D1 school… except Oregon and FSU…

2. Oregon averaged an offensive play every 20 seconds over the entire game when they had the ball … including the last twenty or so minutes when they got the big lead and played ‘slowdown’ to run the clock…

Let’s forget for a minute, the physical impact of that on the Defense… because the “mental impact” is potentially much more devastating. There is no way … the kid can process the last play and get his head ready for the next one that fast…

3. Oregon’s high powered Offensive had absolutely nothing to do with FSU turnovers… Oregon’s Defense was the real deal and Ohio State better be worried about that as much if not more than the Ducks’ Offense.

4. There’s very little chance Oregon will repeat it’s performance last night next week… but the same could be said for OSU too.

So the NC is a tossup… that will be determined by the Coaches not the players… unless the game comes down to last four minutes with both teams in position to win… then maybe some player makes either the greatest play or the worse mistake of his career and that determines the outcome.

Either way… the game should be worth watching at least until somebody goes up three TDs…

I got so fed up with watching Oregon “hold” and get away with it play after play…This danged “high powered” offense doesn’t work if you call the offense for holding. The game is being “dumbed down” just like basketball was to appease those who can’t play the game “within the rulebook”…I absolutely detest college basketball now and if the trend continues, I’ll be watching hockey again on a full time basis…

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

Master
    Participant

13OT – do you think Bama running off the field without stopping to shake hands was classless as well or are you just subjectively judgmental against FSU? Herbstreet was classless to make a big deal out of that.

ancsu87
    Participant

^ + 1

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.