ACC Media Picks Pack Roundball 8th

Home Forums All StateFansNation ACC Media Picks Pack Roundball 8th

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

ok… wth… we all need to warm up on our postings for the coming season…
    why not start here?

random thoughts…

1. I’ll take low expectations over high expectations every day… it’s easier to motivate and to “over” achieve…

2. The PACK will be better than they look … for all the reasons everybody has outlined above…

3. This Team will “Dance” in March…

4. All that “National Attention” on the Orange County Cheaters will be a very sharp “double edged” sword… and this will be Uncle Roy’s last season on the bench…

5. Overall… elsewhere there will be few surprises….
    Coach Rat will be Coach Rat and so will his team …
    Da’ Ville and ‘Cuse will wither on the vine…
    The Hoo’s will play D and over achieve…
    Danny will move the Deacs UP one or two more notches…
    The rest really don’t matter much…

The key to this season, I think, will be to beat the teams we are supposed to beat, win most of our tossup games and surprise a couple others… that’s 22 more or less wins when the Dance starts…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    WolfWiz11
    Participant

I’m hoping Maverick Rowan picks up where Kyle left off, albeit with better defense. If that happens, then the question marks for me are 1) who spells Cat when he tires, 2) scoring/rebounding from our bigs, 3) Henderson/Turner, 4) who takes big shots? I do think the Martin twins will show us something this year and perhaps one of them has the moxy to serve as a ballhandler….

ryebread
    Participant

I think the keys to this year’s team is whether Anya can stay out of foul trouble enough to log significant (20+) minutes, how quickly Freeman recovers from injury and whether Kirk can actually mix it up inside. We’re a little thin down low.

This team will be dancing for sure. Good guard play and a defensive presence in the middle wins in college basketball, and we have both. It’d just be nice to see us take that next stop to a consistent Top 25 team all year.

Texpack
    Participant

I think Notre Dame won’t be anywhere near the same team without Jerian Grant, and Miami and FSU and 5 and 6 is really optimistic as well.

Move Louisville and State up a couple of spots and you’re probably closer to what the standings will look like in March.

The one thing to remember is that FSU and Miami usually have some of the easiest conference schedules in the ACC. Miami’s permanent partners are Apex and Garner HS. They have an advantage that my prove huge in a tightly bunched group of 4-5 teams.

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.