ACC BB – Midseason Report

Home Forums All StateFansNation ACC BB – Midseason Report

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    VaWolf82
    Keymaster

To be honest, not every team has played nine games, but most (including State) have and that’s close enough for me.
    [See the full post at: ACC BB – Midseason Report]

BJD95
    Keymaster

There are JUST SO MANY DAMNED TEAMS, and they are all so very average (it would seem to me).

Except for the bad ones, like us, Wake, BC, and Pitt.

And maybe Louisville is actually good. Holes are a mirage, as is Notre Dame. Any opponent with the slightest bit of physicality should be able to shut them down. They will beat us by 40.

Georgia Tech is indeed confusing as hell. No idea how to ‘splain them. But serious, TUSCULUM?? On top of an OOC schedule that’s already 295??

WolfpackCoach17
    Participant

I love your posts. Unfortunately, we have spent a little too much time on the NIT bubble over the years, so just for reference, it is much tighter than the old days. With only 32 teams, and generally 4-8 bids lost to automatic qualifiers (small conference regular season champions that did not win their conference tournament), the difference between sneaking into the NCAA and sneaking into the NIT is either 2 or 3 wins, and generally requires at least a top 90 RPI. So this team would need at least 17-14 (6-12) to get into the NIT, and that would be a last one in kind of situation. Just putting that out there as a reference. 18-13 would probably get you a top 16 seed for a home game. 19-12 would probably get you a #1 or #2 seed, or possibly get you in the NCAA tournament and avoid NIT altogether.

StateRed44
    Participant

In years where the Florida teams, GT, Wake, etc are better than us. We will probably NOT make the tournament. Just an observation.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Unfortunately, we have spent a little too much time on the NIT bubble over the years

Isn’t that the truth!

ncsu1987
    Participant

Your excellent analysis and presentation paint a bleak picture. Thanks for the work behind this post.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Your excellent analysis and presentation paint a bleak picture.

Thanks and good to “see” you again.

I guess that my outlook was bleak going back to my Jan 3 entry after the first game of ACC play. I didn’t feel bleak, depressed, angry, or really any particular emotion when I wrote them. I strive for accuracy above all else. But unfortunately when writing about NC State sports, “bleak” is too often an accurate description.

Rick
    Keymaster

But unfortunately when writing about NC State sports, “bleak” is too often an accurate description

Sad but all too true.

McCallum
    Participant

More bleak than a Siberian winter morning.

McCallum

BJD95
    Keymaster

Surely, Da U has at least already broken they cherry and won a road game this season, right?? So we have a chance in hayelll??

ncsu1987
    Participant

Thank, Va, good to be back and to “see” so many friends still here. Took on a new role at the office, in a somewhat tangential field, and I’ve had my nose to the grindstone for a while. Hopefully the breathing breaks will be a little more frequent, now.

Thanks for all that you and the other regular authors do. I know from experience that a lot of preparation can go into a single good post, so I recognize and appreciate the aggregate work as I try to catch up.

As I recall, we share an unrestrained program loyalty, tempered by resigned pragmatism. So here’s to hoping for (but not expecting) some February miracles for the team.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.