ACC Basketball: Charlotte transfer Torin Dorn considering N.C. State, Texas, Mia

Home Forums StateFans Basketball ACC Basketball: Charlotte transfer Torin Dorn considering N.C. State, Texas, Mia

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    freshmanin83
    Participant

Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 1:56 pm | Updated: 2:09 pm, Tue May 26, 2015.

By Bret Strelow, Staff writer

N.C. State, which added a transfer before each of coach Mark Gottfried’s first four seasons, is one of four finalists for Charlotte’s Torin Dorn. He also is considering Miami, Florida and Texas, according to multiple reports.

Dorn, a 6-foot-5, 200-pound wing who excels more as a slasher and at-the-rim finisher than as an outside shooter, will have three years of eligibility remaining
    http://www.fayobserver.com/blogs/sports/acc_basketball/acc-basketball-charlotte-transfer-torin-dorn-considering-n-c-state/article_905a0866-03d0-11e5-b462-137a6d0f9b51.html

Seems like I read somewhere that he is immediately available to play and will not have to sit a year.

freshmanin83
    Participant

I went back to check what I read and I was wrong. Sorry he his not available this year after a transfer and will have to wait a year.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

He’ll have three years of eligibility remaining after sitting out the 2015-16 season, and while he can’t do anything for the Pack’s guard shortage this year, he’d be a nice backcourt piece to have down the road.

http://www.backingthepack.com/nc-state-basketball-recruiting/2015/5/26/8660573/torin-dorn-transfer-nc-state-basketball-charlotte

redisgood
    Participant

He’d be a nice addition for 2016. I am surprised Gottfried has been unable to add a ball handling guard that can play right away. Either he feels Martin and Henderson can do the job, or he hasn’t been able to convince someone to come here. There is still time, but I’m not sure who’s out there. This can be a very good team, but has a very big question mark hanging over it’s head.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.