Abdul-Malik Abu adjusts to college

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Abdul-Malik Abu adjusts to college

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ruffles31
    Keymaster

Really interesting article on ESPN regarding incoming freshman Abdul-Malik Abu and how he has adjusted to college juggling basketball and his faith.

When Abdul-Malik Abu arrived on the NC State campus, his teammates had heard plenty about him.

The power forward came with high grades from all of the recruiting sites.

Still Abu managed to catch them all by surprise.

Abu is Muslim and he observed Ramadan by fasting.

Count Gottfried among the curious. He admits that this has been a whole new learning curve for him to conquer — “I told him, ‘I don’t know the ins and outs of everything. Help me learn.'” The coach went out of his way to research Raleigh’s Muslim community and found a nearby mosque where Malik could worship.

Very cool story.

packplantpath
    Participant

If coach had to look very hard for a mosque, he clearly hasn’t spent much time between ligon & method roads.

I was late for class due to bus delays there several times since I took advantage of the free parking on Method rd. Though I did get a chance to meet and talk with some nice Muslim folks, which was a nice change of pace from what you get in the news.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Better late than never! MG has always seemed like an open-minded guy that way.

Wufpacker
    Participant

There’s a joke I really want to make here.
    But I won’t.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.