8 tourney teams fall below grad rate standard

Home Forums StateFans Basketball 8 tourney teams fall below grad rate standard

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    MrPlywood
    Participant

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/2014/story/_/id/10623731/eight-ncaa-tournament-teams-fall-graduation-standard-study-shows

“…eight teams that made the 2014 men’s bracket fall below the NCAA-mandated Academic Progress Rate score of 930, equivalent to a 50 percent graduation rate. Last year six teams didn’t reach that benchmark.

Teams in this year’s field that would be subject to NCAA-imposed sanctions that could keep them from postseason play are: Cal Poly (925), Coastal Carolina (921), North Carolina Central (903), Oklahoma State (928), Providence (915), Texas Southern (900), Connecticut (897) and Oregon (918).”

My first thought was “well why don’t they just invent a few fake classes. Problems solved!” With the lack of action concerning our friends in the Hole it seems like a no brainer.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Not a shock to see Cliff Ellis’ team on that list … nor is it surprising to see Connecticut.

Connecticut already missed one postseason due to this exact issue; why they haven’t already adopted ‘The Hole Method’ is a mystery.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Funny that you mention that wufpup, I should included this part of the article too:

“UConn said in October it will report a perfect APR of 1,000 for the 2012-13 school year.” It’s a miracle!

wufpup76
    Keymaster

:17 secs – ‘Lord, It’s a miracle!’

wilmwolf80
    Participant

Let us not forget that it was Heels that led a major push to adopt these standards, knowing full well that they would never run afoul of them because of the system they had(have) in place.

ancsu87
    Participant

You are right sir! People, especially those in NC, are just so ill informed and unable to connect the dots. However the NCAA should know better yet after all the recent revelations they are still silent. As one that was around in the 1987-1990 witch hunt I just can’t stand it. It is to the point that I don’t care to even share free air with anyone who supports UNC-CH.

StateFans
    Keymaster

UConn just can’t or won’t get their **** together. They’ve already been banned from the NCAA Tournament for APR issues.

Great point about the Tar holes…it’s easy to support these standards when you knew that everyone else was going to have to hold themselves accountable and you weren’t!! NOW their looking to change the workload on Freshmen because it is just too much. Gee, it hasn’t been too much for them until now. What changed?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.